Wednesday, September 2, 2020

August Goals Recap

 Wow, what a month! Back to online school, a heat wave, wildfires, and... the pandemic. I'm not sad to see the end of August. Here's how I did on my monthly goals.


Financial:

  • Stick to the budget - we were over in groceries & dining out, under elsewhere in our monthly spend. We've continued to spend in our yearly budget (our larger irregular expenses) for house projects. 
  • Pay down our mortgage to the next milestone - Yes!
  • No clothing/shoes purchases for me - I bought two pair of running shoes, as mine are very warn down. Running shoes are an exemption to this, as long as I need them. I also listed a bunch of things I don't wear on eBay & donated others, so still making progress on cleaning things out. 
  • Make $750 in side hustle - crushed this, with $1390
  • Work through freezer/pantry clean out (10 random items out) - freezer clean out is basically done, thanks to not having a kitchen
  • Call to set up will/guardianship appointment - no, and forgot about this! I should maybe look at my goals more often. ;-) I'll carryover to next month.
Family:
  • Take the boys to one socially distanced activity per day - yes, done
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening (not counting reading) - mostly, yes.
  • Have a weekly half hour alone with M - this fell apart during the remodel, and we need it back!
  • Schedule a call with M's family - no, and I need to make this happen
  • Two hours of practicing Spanish or Farsi - I've done daily Spanish practice
  • Make revised summer plans - done
  • Compliment M every day - doing okay on this
  • Build a plan for the new school year, successful start to online learning - considering as much as a success as I can hope for
  • Complete one project/day (taking advantage of WFH) - most days, yes

Fitness/Health

  • Lose 2 lbs - maintained my weight, no loss
  • Work out every day - missed one day, but had a few double days, ending with 34 workouts
  • Track calories & aim for 1440/day. - I brought my calories down ~70/day from last month, but still in the 1600 range
  • Complete 1400 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts - 1345, 4 & 5, respectively
  • Meditate 20 times - 12 times
  • Run 15 times - 11 times


Personal/creative

  • Do something social at least 2x/month (virtually is okay) - yes, I'm getting in more of this thanks to socially distanced hikes
  • Volunteer - yes, I volunteered at the school for book packaging & distribution
  • Journal 25 times - every day, so 31 times
  • Improve myself:
    • Judge less - trying
    • Listen more often - working on it
    • Reduce/eliminate swearing - a little improvement
    • One kind deed a day - reasonably consistent
    • Reduce use of phrase "guys" at work - improvement
  • Read one non-fiction book - nope 


Overall, I would deem it a fairly successful month. I set high goals in order to push myself, so my expectation is not that I'm achieving them. If I'm consistently achieving all of my goals, it's a good time to set the bar higher! 


How about you? Did you set goals for August? How did you do? 



No comments:

Post a Comment