Wow, what a month! Back to online school, a heat wave, wildfires, and... the pandemic. I'm not sad to see the end of August. Here's how I did on my monthly goals.
- Stick to the budget - we were over in groceries & dining out, under elsewhere in our monthly spend. We've continued to spend in our yearly budget (our larger irregular expenses) for house projects.
- Pay down our mortgage to the next milestone - Yes!
- No clothing/shoes purchases for me - I bought two pair of running shoes, as mine are very warn down. Running shoes are an exemption to this, as long as I need them. I also listed a bunch of things I don't wear on eBay & donated others, so still making progress on cleaning things out.
- Make $750 in side hustle - crushed this, with $1390
- Work through freezer/pantry clean out (10 random items out) - freezer clean out is basically done, thanks to not having a kitchen
- Call to set up will/guardianship appointment - no, and forgot about this! I should maybe look at my goals more often. ;-) I'll carryover to next month.
- Take the boys to one socially distanced activity per day - yes, done
- Off the computer by 7:30 each evening (not counting reading) - mostly, yes.
- Have a weekly half hour alone with M - this fell apart during the remodel, and we need it back!
- Schedule a call with M's family - no, and I need to make this happen
- Two hours of practicing Spanish or Farsi - I've done daily Spanish practice
- Make revised summer plans - done
- Compliment M every day - doing okay on this
- Build a plan for the new school year, successful start to online learning - considering as much as a success as I can hope for
- Complete one project/day (taking advantage of WFH) - most days, yes
- Lose 2 lbs - maintained my weight, no loss
- Work out every day - missed one day, but had a few double days, ending with 34 workouts
- Track calories & aim for 1440/day. - I brought my calories down ~70/day from last month, but still in the 1600 range
- Complete 1400 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts - 1345, 4 & 5, respectively
- Meditate 20 times - 12 times
- Run 15 times - 11 times
- Do something social at least 2x/month (virtually is okay) - yes, I'm getting in more of this thanks to socially distanced hikes
- Volunteer - yes, I volunteered at the school for book packaging & distribution
- Journal 25 times - every day, so 31 times
- Improve myself:
- Judge less - trying
- Listen more often - working on it
- Reduce/eliminate swearing - a little improvement
- One kind deed a day - reasonably consistent
- Reduce use of phrase "guys" at work - improvement
- Read one non-fiction book - nope
Overall, I would deem it a fairly successful month. I set high goals in order to push myself, so my expectation is not that I'm achieving them. If I'm consistently achieving all of my goals, it's a good time to set the bar higher!
How about you? Did you set goals for August? How did you do?