Friday, September 4, 2020

Frugal Friday

 

Happy Friday, everyone! There were a few good wins this week. I have today off work, so I'll be hiking with a friend & then hopefully unpacking the kitchen (assuming the cabinets get finished). There was no kitchen again unexpectedly yesterday, so we had takeout for both lunch & dinner. My stomach is displeased by this turn of events! I have some work to do today to get back to my normal eating patterns.  

Here's a list of a few frugal wins.

Saving on things we buy

  • I had expiring Walgreen rewards, so checked the ad & found a few things we could use for our toiletry stockpile. Redeemed a $4 rewards, and earned $5 in new rewards. 
  • Used 3 x $1 peelie coupons on various items I purchased this week
  • Discovered a $25 off a $25.01 purchase coupon in my eBay messages. Used it to pick up my favorite (but pricey) lip balm. I went with a seller that was slightly more expensive, as it put me right at the cost for the transaction. With tax, I paid $3.34. What a deal!
  • Received a free head of cabbage with my produce box

Earning money

  • Continued daily listing of eBay items. Still slow sales, but sold:
    • An old Japanese fishing float (previously my grandfather's, that no one else in the family wanted)
    • A sports bra that didn't fit properly (yes, this is a common theme with my eBay sales). I have tried many sports bras for running, and few actually work. It's hard to know until you try them out in person, which generally makes them ineligible for returns.
    • A summer dress I've had for 10+ years, and no longer fits properly
    • A pair of workout pants I don't like
    • A wine chiller
    • A kids book
    •  A necklace
  • Found $.01 on the ground ;-) 
  • Sold our old fridge for $40. We are close to having enough remodel stuff out of the garage so we can park the car in the garage. 

Avoiding spending 

  • Filed a credit card dispute for an item we purchased but never received, and heard back the dispute was resolved in our favor. $15 back. 
How did your week go? Any frugal wins to report?

3 comments:

  1. I so wish to post all my frugal wins during this move and no time Agh......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should look at reselling purchases that were misses. I tend to eventually donate, but that would be hit or miss as well and they might end up just discarded anyway. I really wan t to hunker down on saving money on our food budget by doing more batch cooking-less convenience foods, but trying new recipes for variety. Good luck getting that kitchen back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same coupon from eBay, that was so neat!

    ReplyDelete