Happy Friday, everyone! There were a few good wins this week. I have today off work, so I'll be hiking with a friend & then hopefully unpacking the kitchen (assuming the cabinets get finished). There was no kitchen again unexpectedly yesterday, so we had takeout for both lunch & dinner. My stomach is displeased by this turn of events! I have some work to do today to get back to my normal eating patterns.
Here's a list of a few frugal wins.
Saving on things we buy
- I had expiring Walgreen rewards, so checked the ad & found a few things we could use for our toiletry stockpile. Redeemed a $4 rewards, and earned $5 in new rewards.
- Used 3 x $1 peelie coupons on various items I purchased this week
- Discovered a $25 off a $25.01 purchase coupon in my eBay messages. Used it to pick up my favorite (but pricey) lip balm. I went with a seller that was slightly more expensive, as it put me right at the cost for the transaction. With tax, I paid $3.34. What a deal!
- Received a free head of cabbage with my produce box
- Continued daily listing of eBay items. Still slow sales, but sold:
- An old Japanese fishing float (previously my grandfather's, that no one else in the family wanted)
- A sports bra that didn't fit properly (yes, this is a common theme with my eBay sales). I have tried many sports bras for running, and few actually work. It's hard to know until you try them out in person, which generally makes them ineligible for returns.
- A summer dress I've had for 10+ years, and no longer fits properly
- A pair of workout pants I don't like
- A wine chiller
- A kids book
- A necklace
- Found $.01 on the ground ;-)
- Sold our old fridge for $40. We are close to having enough remodel stuff out of the garage so we can park the car in the garage.
- Filed a credit card dispute for an item we purchased but never received, and heard back the dispute was resolved in our favor. $15 back.