Saturday, May 27, 2023

Saturday Happenings

My mom flew in yesterday afternoon, and Sam & I picked her up at the airport. She was so excited to see the boys. We went to dinner at her favorite local restaurant, and had a fabulous dinner. Both teens were super chatty & love catching up with my mom. Any time the teens willingly engage in a long discussion is a great thing. :-)

As for today, it's a very soccer filled day. We're heading out shortly to go to game one of Nick's soccer tournament. My mom & I will walk during his warmups, and then watch his game. We'll head home after that, as he volunteers to teach kids tennis lessons in the afternoon, and doesn't want to miss that.

We will head back to the tournament this evening, where my mom & I will volunteer for two hours together (checking kids in, and the like). We will miss the first half of Nick's game, but will be able to catch the second half. 

I need to volunteer for three hours (x2 kids) each season, in order to get a $100 credit off of soccer fees. Because we're taking the evening shift at a tournament, we only have to work two hours, and having my mom there means I get credit for both kids. I'm excited! For two hours work, I'm getting a $200 credit. The dinner last night was partly a thank you to my mom, for offering to volunteer with me. ;-) 

After Nick's second game, it will be around 9 pm, so my guess is that we will grab a quick bite to eat, and then head home. More soccer tomorrow, of course!

We're hoping to spend Monday sitting by the pool. We were going to go to a wine tasting, but I think we'll have it at the house instead. We'll go to Trader Joes & pick up some fun nibbles, and then enjoy the nice pool backyard area.

The weather is not supposed to be super warm this weekend, which is pretty wild for Memorial Day in California.

What are you up to this weekend? Any fun plans?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you enjoy your visit with your Mom, how neat! And that is great to get a $200 credit for 2 hours of volunteering, that’s wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you truly enjoyed your pool day today.

    ReplyDelete