I was able to secure a bra! One of the commenters suggested it, but Uniqlo was also recommended by a local, so I made my way there on Monday. Sam also sent a few requests, and I found some things for him. And yes, the sizing is... not even remotely close. Local helped me figure out how to translate & figure out something that would work. It's actually quite a nice bra, so maybe it will become a staple!
I wore my very regular flats to walk to the stores, and because it was so hot & humid, my feet swelled up ... A LOT. As a result, I have two huge blisters, and it's very uncomfortable to wear any shoe. I need to find more band-aids today, but it's a busy day & I'm not super jazzed to get outside in the heat & humidity with my work clothes, makeup & presentation look to try & track down some band-aids. I am also absolutely wrecked tired.
Practice presentation was a challenge, as the setup wasn't working & the tech support folks only spoke Japanese. We used a lot of translation apps to try & help us communicate. But, all of the practice worked, because first round of the presentations went well yesterday. Second & final round is today.
On deck for today:
- No workout, because my feet are toast with the blisters
- Morning meetings x2
- A few work projects
- Presentation
- Meeting with the skip boss
- Source band-aids
- Pack & check in for flight

I am
ReplyDeleteGlad you found a good bra but absolutely yikes on having to use Google Translate to fix glitches with the tech. Now blisters??? OMG. I am just holding my breath until you get home. Work trip from hell is what I call it! Virtual hugs. Cindy in the South
Came home with a bacterial infection in my foot. 0/10, no stars, do not recommend! ;-) - HP
DeleteOMG!!!!!!Even worse than I imagined!!!! Get well soon!!! If there ever was a sign that you don’t need to do these work trips anymore this is it.
DeleteI sure hope it is the last work trip!!!! Cindy in the South
Ouch! Blisters really are painful. Good job on finding a bras and I now wonder if maybe that company might work for me.
ReplyDeleteI like Uniqlo a lot, and feel like the quality is pretty high for the price point. I do have to size up quite a bit, because it's Japanese sizing (even on the kind sold in the uS). - HP
DeleteOh, I’m so glad you were able to find a bra. Ouch on those blisters though.
ReplyDeleteBelinda
The blisters turned into a bacterial infection in my foot! No fun of any kind. - HP
DeleteThere are blister specific bandaids that are amazing if you can find them. Look them up before you go shopping so you can recognize them by sight. Good luck on day 2!
ReplyDeleteI'm back, but they do have very good band aids in Japan. A coworker shared some with me, and they stick & last forever! - HP
DeleteJust trying to catch up with everyone. Swelling feet here in the heat as well. I am glad you found a bra that works and managed to get through to the tech guys (even if you had to use Google Translate).
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
The best I can say about this trip is that I survived! ;-) - HP
DeleteThe bra situation has happened to me and I wear a larger hard to find size. I am glad you figured it out. All of my sports bras are black and I have a bunch of tops that just don't work with them.
ReplyDeleteIt's true that finding a bra in Japan is an adventure, if you are not quite petite up top. -HP
DeleteSorry to hear about the blisters, ouch! Glad a bra and some other items were secured though. Fingers crossed the blisters don't get too bad.
ReplyDeleteThe blisters turned into a bacterial infection, so this trip has been full of adventure, not in the fun adventure way. - HP
DeleteHello! Not related to Japan but traveling to Italy/Greece for the first time in a couple of weeks. Would you say you used your card for most transactions? Trying to determine a $$ amount to convert to euros to have cash on hand, so not sure how cashless those areas are and if cards will be the norm. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi there. We took out some cash, but I'd say 90% of all money was used on cards. We only used cash for tips, and for a few transit/taxi rides that didn't accept cards. - HP
Delete