Here they are, in no particular order, along with the current status.
Pay off my 401K loan. - Done. Due to a windfall from M's work, I was able to pay this off even earlier than I expected.
- Fund both kids college accounts to 40%. - Mostly there. I am at 40% for S's account, and 37% for N's account. I have the money to get N's account up to 40%, but I'm waiting for a refi on our second property to close, in case I need to bring money to the table to wrap it up.
Run a 5K- Yes! I was actually a week away from completing a 1/2 marathon when I broke my ankle in May. :-( I fell in love with running & can't wait to get back into it!
- Learn to bake bread - Epic fail. I did make corn bread recently? ;-)
Complete 4500 minutes of cardio workouts. - Huge success! I'm currently at 7198, and that includes taking time off for my broken foot. I crushed this goal.
- Lose baby weight. - Well, I achieved this back in July, but I've regained 3.2 lbs. I need to focus on this one, so I can end the year with a success on this goal.
- No shopping for clothes, shoes, jewelry, or makeup. - I made it for three months, but that's it. To be fair, I've done really well with conscious consumption this year, and replaced a few essentials (I had to buy several pair of flats due to my injury, as I'm normally an exclusive heel wearer at work.)
Get together with two friends per month. - I stopped tracking this at some point, but for the most part, I think I've done this.
- Create a list of our favorite 25 recipes, to make meal planning easier. - I created the list, and we're now in the process of testing the old favorite recipes & making sure that they are: easy, kid friendly, and relatively frugal. So far, I have 10 recipes that meet this criteria.
- Track spending all year. - Eh, I wasn't very good at this. However, I've tracked all of August, September, and I'm currently on October. Honestly, I've learned a ton about our spending by doing this and wish I would have done it all year.
These are such great goals! :) Baking bread is easy.. you just need the right recipe! I bake about 10 loaves a week... practice makes perfect! ;)ReplyDelete
"Fell in love with running" Tell me how!!!! I've tried but there aint no love. Would love to run a 10k with hubby one day. As for bread making. It always seems like such a grown-up thing to do doesn't it? Good Luck