Thursday, October 20, 2011

Grateful for . . .

It's way too easy for me to get caught up in the mindset of saving more, investing more, paying off more on our mortgages, etc. . . I'm going to take a break from that today  focus instead on what I'm grateful for.

  • My husband, M. I get emotional just thinking about how wonderful he is. Our anniversary is this weekend, and marrying him was the best decision I've ever made.
  • My adorable kids, S & N. Two wildly different personalities, but they never fail to make me laugh or entertain me with their stories of their day.
  • Employment - both for myself and M. M's team has been through quite a few changes in the last year, and I feel blessed that we both have good jobs.
  • Our families. M's family is not local, but they are wonderful. And, my family is my rock. My sister and I are extremely close, as well as my parents.
  • Our health. A friend is undergoing chemotherapy for brain cancer. It's times like this that make you re-evaluate your life and appreciate your health.
  • Our friends. M & I are both blessed with a few fabulous friends.
On a slightly less serious note, I'm also grateful for these small things that make my life more enjoyable:
  • Wine. Specifically, Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc. Bless you, New Zealand, for this amazing (and affordable!) wine.
  • An overnight, kid-free evening with M this weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Courtesy of my parents. Sleeping in past 6 am? Can't wait!
  • OPI Russian Navy on my toes - putting a smile on my face.
  • Halloween - the kids are giddy with the thought of costumes, parties, and trick or treating.
  • Coffee. I heart you, my espresso machine. Thank you for bringing me my steamy java every morning. You complete me.
  • Gap Skinny jeans. With boots. Or flats. So comfortable. Trendy but not too much for trudging through the wet soccer fields at practice tonight. (S's practice, not mine :-))
What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Being grateful is such a great way to bring up your mood! :) I'm grateful for my kids & husband, my awesome sister, a home I love, and that there's no snow on the ground yet!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete