- I paid off my 401K loan today! So, so, so excited. We took out this loan last winter (February, I believe) to buy down our mortgage from a jumbo loan. That enabled us to get a rock bottom rate, and I knew I could pay off the loan with my stock options I'd receive in September. However, we've always previously overspent during the year, so much of that stock option money was earmarked to pay off our credit cards that would creep up in the summer. We keep a zero balance, but typically would start to see a balance in July/August from summer travels, etc. This year, I'm happy to say that's not the case! I paid off $39,607 today, and that is bring my 401K balance up to $327K. Woohoo!
- I desperately need to do a full financial accounting of where we are. We've been stocking up on supplies (we had to donate much of our liquids, etc that we couldn't move), as well as food, etc. I need to really understand where we are with the money.
- Our remodel on our primary residence is going well, but it's been extremely expensive. More than we thought, of course. Does anyone know of a remodel that came in under budget? ;-)
- I've received a tentative offer from the company I interviewed with last week. The package includes about $10K more in salary than I make now, similar bonus structure, a sign on bonus (although, it's relatively small compared to my salary), and a stock package of about $10K more than I currently have. Note that I'll be walking away from all of that stock when I leave at the end of the month anyway, so that would be a win. However, California's tax system & the higher cost of leaving make this offer less (from a true value perspective) than I'm currently making. So, I'm going to negotiate. Now, if you know me at all, you'll know that out of all the things I detest in life, negotiating is definitely in the top three. So, we'll see how that goes.
- My weight is still up. I've been trying to get out to run at least three times/week, combined with one day of pilates. It's not enough, but it's what I can commit to during this stage of my life. Baby steps. I also know that diet is more important than food anyway, so that's my biggest opportunity to clean up & lose.
Hope everyone is well!