Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Night Chit Chat

Thanks to Carla for hosting!

I didn't get as much done today as I'd hoped, but I did get to spend some one on one time with Sam, while Nick was at a birthday party. Nick is a complete mama's boy, and Sam is usually off doing his own thing, so it was great to have a little alone time with my big boy. We went to the local arcade to celebrate a prize that he won at school last week - the good citizen award. :-) What boy doesn't like an arcade? :-)

This is an old picture of my boys, but I love it! Sam is on the right, Nick's on the left. :-)



  • Reading: I'm reading some sort of murder mystery on my kindle. It's so good that I can't remember the title. ;-) 
  • Listening to: The sound of the dishwasher!
  • Watching: Nada. We watched Brave with the kids earlier tonight. I have to admit, I really liked it!
  • Cooking/Baking: I made homemade pizza tonight (and roasted my own red peppers - YUM!), as well as homemade bread, and hummus. 
  • Happy you accomplished this week: Well, let's just say that I'm almost done with a 2014 goal already. After putting it off for four years (YES - FOUR YEARS!) I finally filled out all of the paperwork to have our wills, guardianships, POA, & living wills put together. They should be done by the end of the month. And, our vacation house is now listed. Wow! Talk about putting on my big girl knickers (love Elaine, over at Mortgage Free
  • Looking forward to next week: So happy for a three day weekend! We're taking the kids to Monterey to the aquarium, on Saturday I think. 
  • Thankful for today: having a handy husband. He repaired our brake pads & saved us a bunch of money. 
  • Bonus Question: If you could choose any time period to live in, what would you choose? I love this time - I feel very grateful to be alive now. 
What about you? How was your Sunday? Is there any big task that you've been putting off? Time to tackle it! I felt like a million bucks after I finally worked on our wills. 

2 comments:

  1. I am very glad you got the paperwork done! Although it will seem anticlimactic, it will bring peace of mind like no other! It will hit you again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Brave was pretty good too ... I was partial to Merida's unruly curls.

    ReplyDelete