- Decide what to do with our Seattle house
- Build/follow a 2016 "interim budget" (until I leave my job)
- Build/follow a 2016 "post-job budget"
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc.
- Have two dates with M per month (one lunch, one evening)
- Run a 5K, 10K, 15K, & a half marathon, as a 40th birthday gift to myself. Not all in the same day. ;-)
- Track my food/exercise every day.
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day
- Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio
- Complete 100 strength workouts.
- Complete 75 stretching workouts.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress (until I leave)
- Leave my job in June.
- Take the summer off
- Find a new, flexible job in the fall.
- Learn a new skill. I'm thinking of learning a new language, but would be fine with anything: sewing, knitting, expanding my baking, etc.
- Make time for my friends. Do something social at least once per month.
- Read 50 books.
What about you? What are your goals for 2016? I may make some small tweaks, but this is what I'm aiming for "next year"! :-)
Going to post ours next week, I am still working on a few things. This is the first time we have set goals and we are doing them with our kids as well - them being teens and all.ReplyDelete
Love the idea of goal setting with the kids! We have all agreed to try new recipes this year (with a goal of getting both kids, but particularly my youngest to try new foods).Delete
I like your focused approach. I want to be healthier rather than lose weight as it seems I lose 3 lbs and gain 3 lbs.ReplyDelete
Healthier is a great goal as well!!Delete
You are so focused. That is so great. I do have some goals , but they're more like... get thru the day.. get thru the next Velcade shot.. (just kidding). :)ReplyDelete
When I was your age , I was swimming everyday and lost huge amounts of weight(I ended up at 109 lbs(no kidding) but then my non existent hormone levels,previously, kicked in and whoa.... guess what??? I got pregnant at 41.
It was pretty wonderful. But since then the weight just crept back on and I stopped swimming as the pool closed. But I have a wonderful 21 year old son.
I think the Seattle house would be great to keep if you're moving back eventually.
Gee, you make a lot of money!!! Good for you!!
I used to weigh 120, pre-kids, so I'm feeling very non-fit at the moment.Delete