Nick's soccer team took second place in their division for northern California's state soccer cup. He was pretty excited. ;-)
The amazing part is that his team had a terrible season in the spring (lost every game), so the fact that they made it to the state cup, and then went on to the finals a season later, was pretty incredible. Lots of life lessons about perseverance, and giving 100%. Nick is the team captain, and learned a lot about leadership this season. Soccer is a giant time (and financial) commitment, but I'm so happy the boys are getting this opportunity.
It wasn't all sunshine & roses. Sam's team had a really hard go at state cup. They too fought back against some very tough competition on Saturday night (with Nick playing as well), and watching the team come back from a big loss to tie things up made me so happy. Again, a reminder to never give up. It was a little emotional to watch a gorgeous sunset & watch both of the boys come out & play with their best effort, despite the earlier challenges in the game. So proud of them.
And, it was an unusual spending week, of course, with the hotel stay & everything else. Here's how it went down.
- Monday - no spend day
- Tuesday - no spend day
- Wednesday - no spend day
- $1500 - charitable donations
- $40 - class gift for one child
- $40 - class gift for another child
- $275 - nanny
- Friday -
- $95 - camp (school was closed in honor of Veteran's Day)
- $145.51 - Costco
- Saturday -
- $105.77 - dinner out after soccer
- $47.95 - gas
- Sunday -
- $163.08 - hotel for soccer weekend
- $44.82 - lunch at Panera for 4 (leftovers served as dinner on the car ride home)
- $30 - coach & team manager gift for soccer
- $7.98 - picking up cucumber at Costco
- -$19.98 - returned two ski items I purchased at Costco, but discovered we had at home
- -$19.05 - returned the foil I bought at Costco, as they are running it on sale this week
Total spend for the week = $2456.08. Removing the charitable gifts, and you get a more reasonable (but still super expensive!) $956.08. Soccer hotel weekends are now complete. :-)
What about you? How did you do this weekend?