- We decided to move back to Washington, & I was going to leave my job
- We changed our minds, & bought a house
- The house caused a LOT of stress on the financing side
- I decided I had to stay at my job, at least for the next year.
- We've had a terrible, unreliable nanny
- My job has been in the process of a giant reorg, in addition to the normal stress
- M got laid off. The week after we bought the house
- We have been doing a ton of work in the house, before we move in. M is at the house every waking moment.
- The flooring in the new house was a disaster, & we've had to postpone the move, plus add in another $8K to get it fixed
- We've had to fit showings for the house into our schedule, and keep it clean
- Packing/moving (official move now rescheduled for next week)
- I'm in the process of finding a new job. Interviewed & didn't get the first one. Still TBD as whether I will stay on my team.
- I had an 8 day business trip in between all of this
It's been just a lot. I can tell that I'm always at the end of my rope, and don't have enough time to see M. He's literally always at the other house, working. I'm so happy that, in another week or so, we will be moved in & I will be seeing him regularly again. And, that we can finally stop having our belongings half packed. Because, that's getting old too.
In good news, I found another nanny! HE (yes, a he! Came highly recommended from a friend) starts next Monday. So, I only have to get through this last week without a nanny. Hallelujah.
Menu planning has been chaos, so here goes for the week ahead. It's the random assortment of freezer meals week ahead, given my traveling & the move.
- Sunday - kebabs & lubia polo (freezer) + greek yogurt sauce
- Monday - chicken (freezer) + leftover alfredo (adults) & pasta (kids)
- Tuesday - potato soup & homemade rolls (adults) + pasta/chicken (kids)
- Wednesday - chicken (freezer) + cheese tortellini
- Thursday - A variety of stuff from the freezer: gyozas, samosas, and grilled chicken
- Friday - Nick's birthday - we will go out to Greek food
- Saturday - homemade pizza
- Sunday - Something cobbled together from the freezer, because we are moving on Monday!
In an effort to hold onto my sanity, I went to the gym early this morning & got on the treadmill. It really helped. Now, to find time to carve out like that more regularly. Fingers crossed for a positive remainder of the week! What about you? Tell me one thing that's stressing you out this week!