It was a bit of a "slow" week for frugal things, as we are just getting our new routine sorted out with the start of school. But, we did have a few wins!
- Cancelled our Starwood Amex. Now that Costco no longer takes Amex, it's not worth the $95 membership fee.
- Moved some of my savings to a higher yield account. It's not very accessible, but the interest rate is significantly better. This will generate a minimum of $600 in difference.
- Menu planned for the week, including a "freezer cleanup night" (Thursday), which included baked chicken, & various other items we'd purchased & not used for a pool party.
- Extended library books that we weren't done with, & returned the rest just in the nick of time before accruing a fine.
- Ate all meals at home (exceptions for free meals provided at work for lunch).
What about you? Any big frugal wins this week?