- Made dinner the evening my mom flew in to pick up the boys, vs going out. I really, really wanted to have something delivered, as it was a crazy day. But, managed to whip up a quick dinner using what we had on hand.
- Kept grocery shopping to $15 this week, as the kids are out of town.
- Took Ubers in Las Vegas vs using the free car service. We tip with the car service, and the Uber is actually cheaper than what we would tip.
- M received a gift of my favorite champagne from his host. We didn't drink it on the trip, so we brought it home. It required checking a bag (which was free), but I'm sure we'll enjoy it.
- Took a $212 work reimbursement from my Tokyo trip, and applied it to our vacation house mortgage, as I forgot it was coming, & ran the monthly numbers without it.
- Gave myself a pedicure before our vacation. I was planning to go to a salon, but ran out of time, as our house guests extended their stay.
- Made dinner out of the freezer last night. Leftover pad Thai from PF Changs from a few months ago. Doctored it up with sliced lime & diced cashews.
- Price matched our Christmas flights to Portland, and received a credit of $48.04
- Used mileage (and $) to offset the cost of our trip to Portland for my aunt's wedding in September. The tickets were still really expensive & we got 4 of the 5 last seats on the return flight. Yikes.
Looking forward to a frugal week ahead! What about you? Any big frugal wins?