The weather has dropped to 80, the air quality is 50 (healthy-ish, for those of you who don't regularly follow), which means we can be outside safely again. Woohoo! It's a beautiful day & I'm sitting outside, enjoying the cooler temperatures.
I got up this morning & met a friend for a socially distanced (with masks) 7 mile hike. It was great to catch up, and we got our hike in before the weather got too warm. I also did a 5k (virtual) race for work yesterday, and put up a reasonable time, given the heat, smoke & the foolishly hilly route I chose.
I forgot to customize my produce box a week back, so really need to make it a priority to use up the ingredients I ended up with. So far, I've used 1 1/2 onions, a package of mushrooms, a bunch of carrots, and the remainder in the celery to form the base of a red sauce with meat. I also found a 1/2 full can of tomato paste & a pizza marinara side dipping sauce that went in, so I'm feeling good about "using things up".
I still have:
- Whole carrots
- Brussel sprouts
- Friday - Nick made butter chicken with couscous & parmesan zucchini coins
- Saturday - I used an Uber Eats $20 promo to get the boys a pizza, while M & I did a date night
- Sunday - Nick is making chicken shwarma bowls. Depending on how those turn out, we may also have the spaghetti sauce of pasta. (I've learned to always have a backup plan, when a 13 year old is doing the cooking.)
- Monday - roasted veggies, asparagus & kebabs (freezer)
- Tuesday - pasta & meat sauce
- Wednesday - finish off the roasted veggies, asparagus & kebabs
- Thursday - chicken arugula salad
- Friday - TBD
- Calendar review for the week ahead
- Set workout schedule for the week, based on meetings
- Roast veggies
- Figure out how to use parsley
- Package up & freeze the pumpkin muffins I made this morning. I tried this recipe & it was fantastic. Highly recommend
- Clean kitchen
- Clean bathrooms (the boys help, but supervision/quality checks are needed)
- Call my parents