M & I had a fabulous day together yesterday. I went for a run in the morning, while he assembled our new elliptical machine. I'm excited to have an indoor workout option, now that it's getting darker in the evenings & we have less light in the mornings. I used to have access to a free gym at work, but COVID means that won't be happening for a long time.
We drove to the beach for lunch (~90 minutes each way), as we wanted to feel like we were really having a mini vacation. It was perfect! We had a (non-frugal) thoroughly fabulous outdoor lunch & the weather was great. It's usually pretty overcast, but it was a gorgeous day. And, the first day I've worn jeans in maybe six months or so? ;-)
We came home just as the boys were finishing online schooling, and M & Nick finished putting the elliptical together. I did some chores, and then reconfigured the chicken & dumplings into a chicken dish over ravioli. Sam & I went for a walk, and had a lovely chat. (You really have to embrace those moments when you are parenting teen boys.)
As for today, Sam is taking a practice standardized test (online) & Nick has soccer. I'm going for a run or walk, and need to get some chores done around the house, including the menu plan. I have a few late nights next week, so need easy dinner options this week.
- Friday - hodgepodge of leftovers. Repurposed chicken from chicken & dumplings into chicken + ravioli. Used the last of the taco meat to make Nick a taco quesadilla
- Saturday - M & I are going to dinner (outdoor) to celebrate our anniversary. The kids will probably have pizza
- Sunday - kebabs & rice, with yogurt sauce
- Monday - late night for me, so carnitas from the freezer
- Tuesday - leftover kebabs & rice
- Wednesday - carnitas, take two
- Thursday - late night again, so probably hot dogs & salad. Dinner of champions ;-)
- Friday - TBD