The goals, like me, are a work in progress. I always try to set goals that will steer me in the right direction, for things I want to prioritize, things that are challenging for me, and know that progress is the goal. Perfection is probably not an option. If I'm achieving all of the goals each month & year, I'm not pushing myself hard enough, or maybe the goal isn't a match for what I actually want to accomplish.
Here's what I'm thinking about for 2022 goals.
- Stick to our budget
- Come up with 5-10 year budget
- Finalize our one income budget
- Determine travel priorities & bucket list items
- Start a donor advised fund, for charitable contributions
- Plan one fun activity/month
- Have two dates with M
- Schedule quarterly calls with M's family, & send pictures & videos regularly
- Lose 10 lbs
- Run 100 times
- Track calories & eat a balanced diet
- Complete 17,500 minutes of cardio, 100 strength & 50 stretching workouts
- Meditate 100 times
- Fast 100 times
- Close workout rings 330 days (90% success rate)
- Do something social with friends, 2x/month
- Invest time in volunteer roles
- Determine my next phase (post current career). Give thoughtful consideration to this, and test/practice which of these things I can do while still working
- Continue to make kind deeds a regular part of my life, and do research on happiness & the relationship between helping others & happiness
- Consider coaching class
That's it from my side. What about you? What goals are you setting for the year ahead?