This week felt particularly long, after Thanksgiving. But, we're in the home stretch before the holidays!
Saving on things we buy
- Uploaded my receipts to Fetch to earn a $5 promo via Unilever. I noticed I was $4 short, and picked up some soup mixes to have on hand (an easy option when someone isn't feeling well), which generated the $5 reward.
- Bought gift cards at the grocery store, earning a $60 store gift card
- Picked up the Friday Freebie at the store (egg bites), & used $3 of store rewards to pick up tortillas for tacos this week
- Found a penny on the ground at the store, and a dime while walking in the neighborhood
- Used a gift card to buy lunch for the kids at Subway, and also redeemed a $2 Subway reward that was expiring soon.
- Used a gift card to a climbing gym to take the kids out for a fun activity, while I went to a yoga class at the same gym. I wasn't sure what to expect from the yoga class, but it was quite hard! I'm so happy this gym survived COVID, as the gift cards are from Christmas 2019. It was a great way to spend a no school/work day.
Eating what we have
- We ate Thanksgiving leftovers, but that's really no challenge for me, as the sides are my favorites!
- We picked the last of the pomegranates. We feel blessed that we got so many this year. M may feel less blessed, as he's the official de-seeder of the fruit. ;-)
- Used up three bags of shredded zucchini (freezer) for zucchini muffins
- Made up 6 lbs of taco meat (1.5 lbs for this week's dinners, and the rest for the freezer). Future me will be thankful for the quick meal option
- Dropped off another bag of toiletries for a donation to the local shelter. There are some amazing prices on in demand items for the homeless, so it feels really great to help out
- Continued mentoring
- Donated money to the boys school
- Volunteered a few times for a sports tournament at the school
What about you? Any wins to report this month?