Friday, October 18, 2024

Frugal Friday

 It's been a relatively quiet week around here, but a few wins to share.

Saving on things we buy

  • Ordered a few things Sam needs for college. Debated having it sent to us, and having my dad take it to him (they are visiting), but remembered that anything delivered in Oregon is tax free, so went that route. 

Earning money

  • Nothing much happening here. I completed a survey for $50. 


Avoiding spending

  • Ate at the lounge on Friday for free, vs buying food at the airport. 
  • Used Southwest credits for our flights home for Christmas. I had a combination of gift cards (purchased at a discount at Costco) & a flight credit we had for Nick for something I can't recall at the moment. 

Eating what we have

  • I planned two dinners at my sister's house (at her request, she's been really busy), and made sure they had coordinating sides. (Mexican chicken skillet one night, nachos the next). 
  • Had Sunday brunch leftovers for brunch on Monday, ahead of our flights.
  • Made dinner ahead of a few appointments & picking up my parents, so we didn't have to do takeout. 

For others

  • Fed all of the random teens who showed up at my house this week for impromptu study sessions. ;-) 
What about you? Any frugal wins to share at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment