Sunday, September 20, 2026

Menu Plan Sunday

 This is a very different type of menu plan, as we are at my friend's condo in Utah for a hiking trip, and then heading to Las Vegas for the end of the trip. We opted to buy some prepped Costco meals to keep costs down for the first half of the trip, as we have access to an oven, but my friend doesn't keep spices, etc in the house. Cheaper than takeout or eating out, but not as cheap as made at home. 

  • Friday - wings & spring rolls - a use it up meal before we left!
  • Saturday - we had a big lunch before leaving Las Vegas after our flight, so we kept things light M having some fruit, and I had a pretzel sandwich (Costco)
  • Sunday - we have a beef/chicken fajita kit that we will make tonight
  • Monday - I bought the grain/rotisserie chicken salad
  • Tuesday - We will try the sesame chicken with veggies & noodles
  • Wednesday - wrap up any leftovers
  • Thursday - dinner at a steak house
  • Friday - dinner at a seafood restaurant
We spent about $240 at Costco, including wine, coffee for the house (will leave remainder there), apples, three prepped meals, protein bars, eggs & a prepped tray of pretzel sandwiches (for packed lunches). I think we will eat one lunch out until we get to Las Vegas, but the rest of the meals will largely be at the condo. 

I will report in on whether any of the prepped Costco meals are worth picking up in a similar situation! What about you? What's on your menu for the week?

5 comments:

  1. I am so over cooking in this heat! I think I have two days this coming week where I will pick up something like a family meal and portion it out to include weekend lunches. I got a good deal on Hot Honey Fried Shrimp at HEB, so that's one of the meals. I also have some freezer things to keep eating down. Nothing exciting. Pretzel sammies sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know which Costco meals are hit or if they were a miss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of chicken as usual. LOL
    Safe travels while you are visiting your friend in Utah and then heading to Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had burritis andcwill be putting together a "bowl" for tomorrow and make up a few for the freezer for quick heat and eat some night Im on autopilot. I have very few commitments this week until MIL returns home and we dont know when that will be. Meals will be simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy week for us with a birthday on a weekday, friends will come over for cake only. This week there will be beef stew with potatoes, chicken sandwiches on a baguette, a pasta meal, the rest we will figure out as we go. I usually take a Greek style salad with the chicken meat for the 3 days I am.in the office. We get free coffee drinks (gourmet machine) and there is a subsidized cateria with very good lunch options, there is even a salad bar, l sometimes take protein from home and just buy a salad, I budget $10 a week to keep it on budget and to force myself to bring most of the lunches from home. Costco meal kits are tempting but it is a hit or miss with my boys. I sometimes buy the quinoa salad but I can only eat it 4 times in a row ..wish it was a bit smaller.. with the cooler fall weather I will start roasting vegetables to have an easy side during the week.

    ReplyDelete