Friday, November 9, 2012

If at first you don't succeed

I wanted to report my progress/status on my fitness goals I talked about yesterday. I'm happy to report that I was able to stay within my calories goals (calculated via My Fitness Pal, based on my activity level). Yesterday wasn't a workout day, so I only had 1450 calories for the day. I ended with using 1395. Days like yesterday remind me why I like working out! I obviously enjoy the other good parts (looking toned, the way my clothes fit, the endorphins!), but the getting extra calories for the day? Major bonus! :-)

I'm planning on running today, and it's Friday, so I know I'll be having a glass of wine with M at "happy hour" (at home). Yeah for Friday!

Today's post is about something that's been on my to do list *forever*. Well, for the last 5 months or so. Way back in April, I attempted to transfer 25,000 points from Starwood to my Alaska Airlines account. I was planning on using the miles to buy a ticket to Las Vegas for my mom's birthday trip. But, the miles never showed. I called a few times, & they told me to wait longer for them to transfer. Eventually, I forgot about it.

Over the last few weeks, I realized how silly it was to just "let" the 25,000 points go. The points were shown in Starwood as deducted, but yet never available via Alaska. So, they disappeared into Internet space, I suppose.

I spent over an hour last week on the phone with Starwood, who then directed me to Alaska. They were "investigating." Today, I spoke with Starwood again, & I'm relatively confident that my points are going to show up on Alaska's site in the next few days. My persistence paid off! It would have been so easy to chalk it up to a learning lesson, but a free flight is worth $400, or so, & my time is surely worth that, right? :-)

We have a fun weekend in store. I'm watching a friend's son tonight, so we'll have a full house at dinner. I have to get everyone packed & do any last minute errand running this weekend. And, get a pedicure (I'm going to be wearing sandals again!), work out, and do all of the normal weekend prep. I also have to figure out what to do with any food we're leaving behind - freezing fruit, etc.

What do you have lined up for the weekend? Any fun plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment