Sunday, May 4, 2014

Super Sunday

My husband agreed to take Nick to his 8 am soccer practice this morning, so I'm enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee. Bliss! Sam is all tuckered out from his late game last night. He was awesome! His team lost 3-6, but he had a huge assist & a goal. So proud. Check out this cutie pie. It was a gorgeous evening for a game. Around 70, sunny, and just down the street from our house.


Anyway, yesterday I made lemon muffins, and a double batch of pesto, with our ever expanding basil. On the list for today:

  1. Submit a price match for our Hawaii reservation. I found it for $10/less per night, and the price matching is for an additional 10% off. We'll see if they accept it. Fingers crossed.
  2. Costco. We went yesterday, but realized we're out of ground beef, and want to grill burgers & I need to replenish our stock of taco meat. I also need to pick up M's father's day present while they still have it. (Fancy scotch :))
  3. Sam's book report. I won't be doing it, but convincing an 8 year old to sit still long enough to complete it himself will be a bit of a task.
  4. Laundry. Enough said.
  5. Prep for tomorrow. This includes - reviewing my meeting calendar, blocking out work time, packing lunches, & corraling soccer gear.
  6. Finish/mail Mother's Day stuff.
  7. Run to the local produce stand for a few things.
  8. Pick up my prescription at Rite Aid.
  9. Find a cheaper solution for Gatorade. I hate wasting those bottles, and paying the extra charge on the plastic, so I was thinking of sourcing the powdered kind, & making our own. Sam definitely needs something beyond water when he runs for two hours in the heat.
  10. Make homemade buns
  11. Make homemade bread.
  12. Pilates.
  13. 5 mile run.
  14. If time, go to the outdoor mall to do a return.
That's it for me. How about you? How was your Saturday evening? What's on the agenda for today?

7 comments:

  1. I am in complete and total awe of all you accomplish, and how organized you are! I know I was busy when our girls were smaller and younger, but you take it to a whole new level. Likewise for the organization and drive. I read your posts and always think, "I don't know how she does it." You are Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. I don't feel like I'm always the most motivated person, for sure. Once we gave up TV (or, I did, the kids still watch PBS shows & such on youtube), I found that I had a ton of extra time for reading, & other things that I enjoy.

      My number one strategy for weekends - make a to do list over a cup of coffee, first thing. As long as I do that, I feel focused & ready to go for the day. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Laura. You are very efficient to get everything done. Let us know how it goes on the Hawaii reservation. I've never checked after booking and gotten the difference refunded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Unfortunately, the difference was under their 2% minimum, so it didn't work. Glad I tried, though.

      Delete
  3. You are tearing though so many goals. It is inspiring!
    And your son is adorable!
    We just planted basil. I love it!!!! I'm just hoping that we are done with the cold weather. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sam is pretty fun. ;-) Hoping the warm weather is on its way. We're expecting 90s all week next week - much hotter than I thought the bay area would be!

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I'll stop by to visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete