In the meantime, this guy was chilling in Santa Cruz with his buds. His mom sent me this picture - one of my new, all time favorite pictures of Nick.
Apparently, he's having fun without us. ;-) Do I ever miss that child!
I've done some kitchen prep work, in between driving the 90 minutes each way to Tracy & suffering through double soccer games.
- I baked cookies for one of the games, and for Nick's trip
- I made cashew chicken salad for sandwiches
- Tried my hand at homemade chicken broth for the first time, using the leftovers from a rotisserie chicken. Pretty easy!
- Found an imitation recipe for one of my favorite restaurant's peanut kale salad, and made that
- Shredded all of the cheese for the next few weeks (parmesan & cheddar). I shred & then freeze in smaller portions, so we can quickly grab & go during meal prep.
I still have a ton of things I'd like to get done today, of course. ;-)
- Get in some sort of cardio - I think I'm hiking with a friend
- Drop off my clothes/pick up last week's clothes at work (to prep for biking)
- Figure out commute schedule for the week
- Coordinate carpool schedule
- Plan menu
- Dig out refinance papers to locate our most recent lender
- Wash all sheets, blankets, & bedding
- Make blueberry muffins
- Make homemade taquitos for the freezer
- Make homemade French bread
- Finalize May spend/budget
- Clean my closet
- Read at least 1/2 of a book. Got to have something to look forward to. ;-)
What about you? How have you spent this long weekend (if you are in the US)?