Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Setting goals for May

I'm excited about this month - I have *no* work travel! We may do a mini getaway with the kids to San Louis Obispo, which is in driving distance. It would be nice to make that happen and explore the local area a bit. With sports & activities & work trips, it's something we rarely do.

And, here's what I have in mind for May!

Finances:

  • Stick to our budget
  • Save $1,500, in addition to our stock vests
  • Put $500/each in the boys college funds

Family:
  • Have a date night with M
  • Decide if M & I are going on a mini vacation. If so, book. For real this time. ;-)
  • Book M's flights to the beach for the 4th of July
  • Plan/take a vacation over the long Memorial Day break 


Fitness:
  • Lose 4 pounds (trying to be realistic, as I'll be on vacation for a few days)
  • Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables 
  • Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates)
  • Complete 7 strength workouts
  • Complete 800 minutes of cardio
  • Average 1350 calories/day
  • Follow a training plan, find a race, and run 10 times.

Work/Career:
  • Maximum of one late night/week
  • Work from home at least three Fridays this month

Personal/Creative:
  • Read four books
  • Get together with a friend

I've made a few modifications to my existing goals, and I'm excited about what I have queued up for the month. What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in May? 

4 comments:

  1. May? I am hoping to SURVIVE it, as wel as June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find time to get out and travel for fun this month ... so many beautiful places out there in Sunny CA! :)

    My DH used to work from home every Friday. It was very nice ... he was still pretty busy, but there was just something about not having to get ready and head to work and already being home when the weekend started for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are trying to get our course completed for the business (a six month project) by the end of May. It looks like we are getting two large contracts so that may get set back plus I agreed to help the company I used to work at temporarily as someone just quit - but I get to see friends or I wouldn't have done it. Plus - I am enquiring about going to Egypt next year - a very expensive trip and somewhere I've been but hubby's once in a lifetime type trip so hopefully I can save enough money for it. All the extra money I make will be going towards that. I hope to lose 5 pounds which snuck on on vacation and read 2 books. I have been reading a lot more lately so achievable. Other than that get the rest of my flowers planted in the yard and plant my container garden. I guess I do have a lot of plans lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a ton of small things to get done in May. Son3 is coming home for a week in June and is bringing 2-3 friends with him. I am trying to get all those half done projects finished along with major cleaning.

    ReplyDelete