We had our anniversary in October, and two date nights since then, but it's just not enough. Because I go to bed really early (the lupus), we have zero adult time without kids awake in the house. It's hard. I try to stay up early a couple of nights a week, but add in work travels & jet lag, and we need more time alone together. Let's see what we can come up with! :-)
And, in frugal news:
- I've been monitoring the flights on Alaska Airlines (personal travel) & using their new price matching option, I've received $308 over the past couple of months by checking each week on the lowest price day (Tuesday). I'd almost given up on my most expensive trip, but was rewarded with $100 of credit today. Woohoo!
- I provided feedback to United about my flight home & received a $200 travel voucher. I'll use this to offset my next business trip, and then be reimbursed.
- We finished out April, *almost* under budget. ;-) But, more on that in a separate post.
- The boys college funds are ticking along nicely. By getting them involved & monitoring the performance, both boys have been more motivated to save money for their college. They like the visuals of checking online (with supervision) to see how their accounts are performing.
- I'm back to menu planning & shopping list making, etc. I prepped a few freezer meals this weekend, and also made muffins. It feels like I'm slowly "getting back".
And with that, I'll leave you with a picture that represents my weekend. ;-) Love my boys & their amazing soccer skills.