Here's what I'm grateful for this week:
- That I've been healthy enough to self commute (biking) over the past few weeks. When I was diagnosed with Lupus, I had no idea what the future held. Health is a gift, and it's too easy to forget that when you are feeling well. I love being active, and am so lucky & grateful that I still have these opportunities.
- M's love & acceptance of my family. In fact, he's taking my dad & some of his buddies to Las Vegas for a "boys trip" in a few weeks. He's extremely patient & thoughtful, and it melts me.
- School is almost out. Hurrah! No more homework, class projects, etc. I can't wait!
- Fun summer plans, including: time with my mom at the beach, time alone with the boys at the beach, a big family beach party over the 4th of July, a girls trip, an adventure race with the family, and a few days without the kids where M & I may get to have a little adult fun. :-)
- Sam's soccer coach this season. He's amazing & patient & done an amazing job with the boys. Also, Nick's team didn't win a game all season, and he's so hopefully dressed up for each of Sam's games, thinking he might get to play. (They are only a year apart & in the same division/league/club, so subs happen regularly). Sam's coach let Nick play the last two games, so get got in some great game time & made a few big plays. Plus, got in a couple of wins. Winning isn't everything, but it can also help restore your confidence after a rough season. So grateful that Sam's coach was so thoughtful & kind to Nick all season.
- Speaking of, soccer more generally. It's teaching the kids all kinds of great things with sportsmanship, and effort, and patience, and winning/losing. It's also teaching this mom how to be patient with interesting refing & intense soccer parents, etc. There's a lesson there for everyone. I'm so grateful the boys have the opportunity to play with friends, stay fit, and have a strong long & passion for something that's so good for them. I may change my mind after the tournament this weekend. ;-)
And, that's it! How about you? What are you grateful for today?