And, since we're now half way through May (holy smokes!), I thought I'd check in on my progress against my goals.
- Stick to our budget - we will definitely be over on a few categories, but hoping to come in under a few as well.
- Save $1,500, in addition to our stock vests - have a transfer set up for next week, but not done yet.
- Put $500/each in the boys college funds - Done!
- Have a date night with M - Done!
- Decide if M & I are going on a mini vacation. If so, book. For real this time. ;-) - Still not done. Need to get this sorted!!
- Book M's flights to the beach for the 4th of July - Done!
- Plan/take a vacation over the long Memorial Day break - it turns out that we have to go to a soccer tournament on that weekend, so no mini break, unfortunately. We'll reschedule for another time.
- Lose 4 pounds (trying to be realistic, as I'll be on vacation for a few days) - I've lost 1/2 a pound so far, but my clothes are starting to fit a lot better. Woohoo!
- Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables - on track to get 4 ish. Need to bump this up.
- Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates) - 4 so far - on track!
- Complete 7 strength workouts - 5 so far - on track!
- Complete 800 minutes of cardio - 670 so far. Crushing it with all of that biking!!
- Average 1350 calories/day - At 1461 so far. I'd like to drop this to around 1400. Comfortable being slightly higher if I'm working out a lot.
- Follow a training plan, find a race, and run 10 times. - Have run 3 times so far, and registered for a half marathon - yes! on track. :-)
- Maximum of one late night/week - on track
- Work from home at least three Fridays this month - 1 so far, and plan to work from home the next two Fridays, if at all possible
- Read four books - yes!
- Get together with a friend - not yet, but we are going to see a documentary about screen time & kids later in the month
I'm feeling pretty good about the progress so far. Not perfect, but well on track! How about you? How are you doing with your goals in May?