Way back in July I posted about wanting to use up things in our fridge, pantry & freezer. Have I made any progress?
Lemons- well, I used all of the ones that I had that day, but more have grown! The struggle continues. :-)
- Two unopened tubs of Nutella - 3/4 gone. Although, TSA takes credit for a full jar. Who knew nutella was considered a liquid? I was bringing some to my mom, as she was hoping to make Nutella brownies. Anyway, Nutella brownies are amazing & you should make some. I'll use the rest of the Nutella for that, some other day.
Poppy seeds- (lemon poppy seed muffins)
- 1/2 a bag of quinoa - down to about 1/4 of a bag. Hoping to use the rest in the next month or so.
- two tubs of pesto unearthed from the freezer, from many, many batches ago - one gone, one slotted to go into pesto risotto soon
- 2/3 a bag of chia seeds - no progress. I need to start putting these into other things
1/4 bag of Craisins
- An enormous quantity of baking chocolate, repurposed from random bars & gifts - have been avoiding baking to try & lose weight, so no progress
- 2/3 bag of cashew pieces (so, better for baking/cooking vs snacking, as not entire cashews) - no progress.
A bag of dried pinto beans (I need to cook these & freeze them for tacos).-Cooked them up today (a pain! Will never buy anything but canned again. Convenience trumps my time in this case. ;-)
- 8 individual packs of almonds & trail mix - no progress
- 3 individual servings of honey peanut butter - no progress
- 1 1/2 boxes of orzo - down to 1/2 a box
- 3/4 a large box of stuffing - no progress
And, here's my lengthy weekend to do list.
Menu plan Shopping list for the week Trip to Costco
- Trip to the produce stand
Date night! Get cash for the sitter Make banana bread- don't have enough bananas, so skipping this.
- Laundry - have done 3 loads. Will do one more after soccer games are complete
Saturday soccer game
- Sunday soccer game (x2)
Car rental for Hawaii trip
- Finalize plans for trip at the end of the month
- Catch up on some email
- Drop off books at the library
Schedule for the week Carpool schedule Work schedule for the week Make taco meat - freezer Make tomato sauce - freezer Make bolognese sauce -freezer
- 3 mile run
Sell "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books (Facebook group sale)
- Find one other item to list on FB group
A few hours left to do the rest. I think I can do it!! Woohoo! And, with that, the beans call me. ;-)