- We cooked in our hotel room (and at home) for the majority of the week
- M & I skipped mini golfing in Hawaii & instead took lots of pictures & enjoyed watching the kids golf.
- We stuck to our budget in Hawaii (see previous post)
- I cancelled our cleaning service, as we'd been out of town for a week, saving $125
- We didn't use our nanny during our time off, saving over $200
- We stuck (mostly) to our grocery list when we were back in town. I say mostly, because we bought two unplanned toys for the kids school toy drive (happy to contribute), & Sam talked me into buying his favorite taquitos, which were on sale at Costco last week. ;-)
- We took advantage of a $20 Uber discount for our return trip (Oakland to our house, at the lovely 1 am)
- I used a $20 Nordstrom note to buy a gift for a friend, and a Gap gift card (bought at a discount) to buy 2 Christmas gifts, as well as our white elephant (we're doing a stocking exchange this year for the adults)
And, that's it for us! What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?