Friday, December 2, 2016

A few frugal things

We were on vacation for part of the week, but here's our frugal roundup.


  • We cooked in our hotel room (and at home) for the majority of the week
  • M & I skipped mini golfing in Hawaii & instead took lots of pictures & enjoyed watching the kids golf.
  • We stuck to our budget in Hawaii (see previous post)
  • I cancelled our cleaning service, as we'd been out of town for a week, saving $125
  • We didn't use our nanny during our time off, saving over $200
  • We stuck (mostly) to our grocery list when we were back in town. I say mostly, because we bought two unplanned toys for the kids school toy drive (happy to contribute), & Sam talked me into buying his favorite taquitos, which were on sale at Costco last week. ;-)
  • We took advantage of a $20 Uber discount for our return trip (Oakland to our house, at the lovely 1 am)
  • I used a $20 Nordstrom note to buy a gift for a friend, and a Gap gift card (bought at a discount) to buy 2 Christmas gifts, as well as our white elephant (we're doing a stocking exchange this year for the adults)
And, that's it for us! What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?

4 comments:

  1. It wasn't particularly frugal and I'm dreading the doctors bills. We had no eating out for supper meals for 3 weeks andvused $10 Kohls Bday promo card plus 20% on three gifts. I also found cute clearanced fall dish towels as I'm trying to put a seasonal collection together for my niece as a shower present and looking after each season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of the seasonal collection for a shower present. Creative & fun! May also be nice to add in a seasonally appropriate recipe with each, if you have time?

      Delete
  2. Good moves on your trip savings and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I need to stick to my Christmas budget. ;-)

      Delete