Sunday, December 4, 2016

November goals in review

First up, the boys won yesterday (it's Sam's team, and Nick is playing up a division & helping them, as they are short players). This is great news, except it means another weekend of soccer. ;-) Next weekend will be the finals. . . Same location - 90 minutes from our house. Oh.my. I cheered like a good mom, but deep down. . . I was kind of hoping next weekend would not involve State Cup. C'est la vie. Way to go, boys!

Here's how I did with my November goals.

Finances:

  • Stick to our budget (including Hawaii trip budget) - Yes!
  • Put $100/each in the boys college funds - Yes!

Family:
  • Have one date night with M (may be a date lunch in Hawaii) - Yes, we went for a drink/dessert in the evening in Hawaii.
  • Donate, sell or toss 50 items in the house. - eh,  I did get rid of stuff in my constant house cleaning mode, but I know I didn't get to 50, and I sold nothing. Plans for this month, though!
  • Try a new recipe that everyone (including my little guy) will eat. - I feel like I did this, but can't recall. I know I brought back a fiesta casserole that I haven't made for a few years, but don't feel like there were any big new hits. 
  • Get our plans sorted out for our Hawaii trip. - done!
  • Get the kids sorted with ski gear, so we can plan our holiday ski trips - done, except for goggles. I did find a ski jacket for Nick at Costco, so that's a win. 


Fitness:
  • Drop into the 140s before my Hawaii trip - ha, no. 
  • Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables - I finished with 3.4, so progress, but I need to push this in December! 
  • Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates) - Yes! 5 exactly :-) 
  • Complete 7 strength workouts - I had 11 strength workouts, so I crushed this one!
  • Complete 900 minutes of cardio. - Yikes, no. November was my second lowest cardio month of the year, clocking only 520 minutes. 
  • Average 1350 calories/day - I averaged 1587. Probably why I wasn't able to lose weight. ;-) 
  • Average 10,000 steps/day - I got in lots of steps in Hawaii, and was pretty close to the average - 9,670/day. 

Work/Career:
  • Maximum of one late night/week - yes!
  • Work from home at least one Friday this month - yes!

Personal/Creative:
  • Read four books - at least double this
  • Get together with one friend - no, & I miss this. I did call friends (twice, and phone calls are unusual. We normally text or email). 
  • Plan my next girls trip - no, we need to sort this out. 
  • Donate all fruit before it goes bad (from our trees in our yard) - yes, although someone stole our avocados. I'm shocked. We had about 15 on the tree before we left for Hawaii. Now every last one is gone, and their are a bunch of work shoe/boot prints under the trees. I'd blame the squirrels, but they leave a mess (discard avocadoes, nibbles on the tree, etc). I'm not thrilled. Second time this has happened. I'm assuming it's our yard service. Or, technically our land lord's yard service. I hope it's them, because otherwise someone has been in our fenced back yard, which is a much worse scenario. 
  • Do some personal baking - I made muffins before our Hawaii trip.
  • Find a way to volunteer! - well, no. I did manage a bunch of stuff on Friday, but it doesn't count for November! I did greatly increase my charitable contributions, as it was a fundraising month for the school, and my employer was matching gifts. 

As you can see, it was a bit of a mixed month. That's it from my side. What about you? How was your November? Any big wins? Has anyone ever stolen something from your yard??

9 comments:

  1. Bummer on the avacados! Let's hope it was the land service and that they thought they were picking fruit that was going to drop and go bad, and not literally stealing. congrats tot he boys, but how I know the mixed mom emotions about wanting to just be done and move on. Kudos on all your successes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I may believe that, but we have four other fruit trees (lemons, and three kinds of oranges) & there are a million differnet things on the trees, all unpicked. Many of which are ripe & ready & will eventually fall. But, I hope they are able to use & enjoy, because what's the point of stressing out?

      And yes! Sometimes I'm totally okay with a well played loss. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Very impressive! You should be thrilled at all your successes expecially with the big trip this past month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very fun month! I hope I can get even more done in December. We shall see. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Someone stole your avocados! You should print up a little sign for your backyard that video cameras survey every portion of the yard (don't really have to buy the video cameras). That should hopefully solve the problem. I always do well step-wise on vacation, nearly 18000 steps one day in Spain on our last trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! And yes, vacations are great for active days - I usually carry the rest of the month on weekends & days off. My office days are pretty sad, for steps.

      Delete
    2. Our home office days in the winter are even worse than a normal workday. I make sure when I go to the grocery store to walk every single aisle.

      Delete
  4. Stolen avocados when we have an avocado shortage - how rude!

    Our November was mixed too - we had a great lot of visiting and fun but it all cost money so the finances were a bit shabby. I usually do a good job of keeping costs down but there's no avoiding some costs like enough food for everyone to eat. If you're going to skimp on that, best not to host at all, I think! Since we host maybe once a year, that seemed like a reasonable splurge.

    It was also a very stressful month for work so my survival of the month was my big win ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's craziness to take something out of a yard. It sounds like we had very similar Novembers. Lots of highs & lows, and a focus on work survival. ;-) Yay for getting through the month with sanity (mostly) intact.

      Delete