Saturday, December 3, 2016

December goals

I really can't believe we're in the final month of the year! I love December. Actually, wait. Let me rephrase that. . . the first three weeks of the month are insane at work, so I love that last week when I can relax a bit more. We'll see if that's possible this month. I'm on call for the entire month - weekends, evenings, holidays, etc. Fingers crossed that it's nice & slow this December. ;-)

Here are my goals for the month:

Finances:

  • Stick to our budget (including our Christmas & December trip to OR/WA budget)
  • Put $200/each in the boys college funds

Family:
  • Have one date night with M
  • Donate, sell or toss 50 items in the house.
  • Try a new recipe that everyone (including my little guy) will eat. 
  • Get our plans sorted out for our December trip
  • Find ski goggles for the kids, so we can ski in January


Fitness:
  • Hit 150 & stay there through the end of the month
  • Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables 
  • Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates)
  • Complete 7 strength workouts
  • Complete 900 minutes of cardio. 
  • Average 1450 calories/day
  • Average 10,000 steps/day

Work/Career:
  • Maximum of one late night/week
  • Work from home at least one Friday this month
  • Stay calm & manage my stress well

Personal/Creative:
  • Read four books
  • Get together with one friend
  • Take the boys to see Christmas lights
  • Make cardamom bread for the holidays
  • Find a way to volunteer!

The boys have already left for their soccer tournament (on the road at 5:30 am. .. *shivers*), so I'm going to work out, clean the house, & get all of the Christmas decorations ready to go for this afternoon. I hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!! What's on your December goal list?

2 comments:

  1. As always your list is impressive! I honestly don't know how you find time for everything but I commend you and look forward to seeing how your month turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever had a month where I've accomplished everything, but having the goals does motivate me to make progress. December is always pretty hit or miss (particularly with health & fitness), so I'm trying to make that a priority this year!

      Delete