So, frugal wins for the week:
- I earned a $5 Amazon gift card by using Bing rewards
- I finally tracked down a missing water bottle (a nice insulated one, not one of the many plastic freebies we have at home). I hated to harass the person whom I thought might have it, but when I priced them & realized that replacing it was at least $10, I decided to suck it up.
- I passed on free concert tickets for a friend. It would have been fun, but I know I would have treated to a ride (Uber), food, etc. I also didn't have time, which was the reason for my decline.
- I made treats for Nick's class party today, vs buying.
- Used a coupon while dining out. (The second half of that sentence is where the non-frugal part comes in). ;-)
- Ate all meals at home, minus one outlier.
- Avoided all of the sale offerings via my email, fliers, etc.
- Made homemade hot chocolate for the kids vs going out. (We were out of the easy to make packs).
- Signed up for an offer at work to test a free photo book.
- Also, signed up through an offer from work to go to a free yoga class tomorrow morning.
- I'm trying to really control my toiletry spending in 2017. I have a running inventory of things I should be looking for on sale. I found 3 razor blade replacements for $1.50 at my grocery store on clearance, because they were an outdated scent. ;-) They fit my Venus razor, so this was a huge deal.
- I price checked the flights for my parents trip to visit & found out they were $5/each per ticket cheaper. I'll receive a $10 flight credit.
- I also found a deal for a $50 Panera gift card for $40 on Amazon, so I bought that. The boys love Panera when we're at soccer tournaments, etc, so this makes a nice splurge treat.
And, in frugal fails for the week:
- We went out to dinner, as I was running late, had no plan & wasn't mentally capable of making anything after my day. ;-)
What about you? What kind of frugal wins or fails did you have over the past week or so?