Friday, April 27, 2018

Frugal Friday

It's that time again! Apologies for being MIA. I was out of town last weekend on a fabulous girls trip with my sister & best friend. Many, many good times were had, and it's always so energizing to get a chance to catch up & laugh. Lots of laughing. :-)

Here are the frugal wins we've had over the past few weeks:

  • Used miles (work trips) + a free room in Las Vegas for a very reasonably priced vacation. We did splurge on food, however, and it was well worth it
  • Went to the airport an hour earlier than necessary to get a ride with M, and avoid an Uber.
  • Even though I had no meals prepped, avoiding eating out this week. Things got pretty creative with leftovers & freezer options. ;-)
  • My parents were in town last week with the boys over spring break, so we had no nanny expenses. 
  • Called & modified our home owners insurance for our vacation house, and saved $50/year.
That's pretty much it on our side. What about you? Any frugal wins for the week? Hope you are gearing up for a great weekend! We have no soccer, so I'm looking forward to a nice combination of relaxing, and getting things done!

2 comments:

  1. After a pretty big financial blip impacting our trip, I will be looking to save every penny I can, because economizing on the trip itself is not an options. We plan to enjoy every moment. I found a great deal on XXL long sleeve t-shirts. three of these and a bottle opener bough ton Christmas clearance will be a nice gift, with a few bottles of craft beer, for BIL, so well under my $25 b-day present target for extended family, perhaps $19?

    ReplyDelete