Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July Goals Check In

The month is over (well, we have a few hours left, so make the most of it! :-)), so I'll check in on the goals I set, and the progress I made this month.

Financial:

  • Keep dining out to $150   $300 - Yes, we were at $180. 
  • Devote an extra $150 of our grocery budget to dining out, as the kids will be out of town, and we are much more likely to have a few extra date nights. - We ended up mostly eating at home, but still managed to go over our grocery bill. Drat. 
  • Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - I've found a hummus recipe for a spicy hummus that we really like from Trader Joes. Haven't tried it yet, but excited to see if we can replace another store bought item with a homemade alternative. I already make plain hummus at home. 
  • Earn another $200 in sidehustle money. Split this between college money for the kids, & an extra payment on our vacation house mortgage. - Crushed it! Made $405. I sold: a sofa, a portable a/c unit, the boys legos & some clothes the kids have grown out of. 
  • Stay on budget for our adult weekend - Yes, done! This was helped by the fact that all of our food & beverages (minus gratuity) was comp'd. 
Family:

  • Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc - Yes. 
  • Have a date night with my husband - Multiple date nights, and a long weekend together. 
  • Continue financial help (knowledge, not money) with sister & friend - Yes, this month we were talking about insurance. 
  • Survive road trip with the kids, on the way home from our vacation - Oh, my. We survived, but due to a wildfire, the trip was ~6 hours longer than expected, which was pretty miserable. The kids, however, were fabulous. 

Fitness/health:
  • Complete another full round of 21 Day Fix - With my half marathon training & relay training, I only finished 15/21 workouts. 
  • Eat 5.5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - closer to 4 servings. 
  • Lose 3 pounds - No, and I've gained back a couple of pounds I lost earlier in the year. Now that the vacations are over, it's time to kick it into high gear!
  • Start training plan for half marathon, and run at least 8 times - Finishing the month with 7 runs. Almost! So happy I'm making progress. 
  • Complete 4 pace walks for my relay. A friend had to drop out last minute, as she's taking her daughter to college, so I'm adding an extra leg & need to be really well trained. - Likewise, almost. Finished the month with 3 pace walks. 
Work:
  • Work from home 2 days - Done!
  • Fill one of my open roles - Yes, I closed two open roles!
  • Set a new end date, and have "the" conversation with my manager :-) - We had the conversation! More details here. The short story is that I'm planning now on a sabbatical & going part time, if we can find a role that's a good fit. . 

Personal/creative:

  • Make one new recipe - I haven't tried a new recipe this month, but do have a new hummus recipe lined up. 
  • Spend time with a friend - Yes! Had a friend over for a barbecue. 
  • Volunteer at least 1x - No, I haven't found any options that fit my schedule. 
  • Order the book "Now What" from the library & complete it - Ordered it, but didn't pick it up. Must renew order. 

All in all, I'm reasonably happy with our progress for the month. We were on vacation at various intervals, so it wasn't my most consistent month. What about you? How did you do for your July goals? Any big wins?

No comments:

Post a Comment