Sunday, July 1, 2018

June Goals Recap

June was a wild month. The kids were out of town for the entire second half of the month, as was I. I had a training retreat, and we're currently on vacation at the Oregon coast. It's been fabulous! Not as relaxing as usual, as we are rebuilding our deck. :-)

Here's how I did on my June goals:

Financial:

  • Keep dining out to $150 - Yes, we were at $104. Keep in mind that there was other eating out, but mostly captured in the "travel" budget. I need to do a recap of our yearly budget categories, as we are way over on some!
  • Create detailed June food plan, given crazy schedule. - We did this. I stayed within $7 of my food budget, and we would have been under, but we treated our deck helpers (my dad & uncle) to crab cakes. Fresh crab is amazing, but pricey!
  • Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - I didn't really come up with anything. 
  • Earn another $100 in sidehustle money. Split this between college money for the kids, & an extra payment on our vacation house mortgage. - I couldn't list things on eBay this month, as I was in & out too much. But, we made $40 selling some old trading cards the boys had stopped playing with. 
Family:

  • Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc - We've had lots of family time together on vacation. 
  • Have a date night with my husband - Yes! We went to dinner one night while the kids were with my parents. 
  • Continue financial help (knowledge, not money) with sister & friend - Yes, we came up with multiple good options on our girls trip. 
  • Plan road trip for after the 4th of July. - It's going to be a long drive, but I'm mostly prepped!
  • Decide on long weekend with M in July - We are going to Las Vegas in July, when the boys are in summer camp. Hence blowing our vacation budget. ;-) 

Fitness/health:
  • Complete another full round of 21 Day Fix - I did 16 of 21 days, which I'm happy with, given my travel schedule. 
  • Eat 5.5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - I finished with 3.5, which is lower than usual. I had a few days where I ate almost none, particularly when I was recovering from the flu. Only basic carbs. 
  • Lose 3 pounds - I lost 1.5 pounds - I'll take it!
  • Run at least 8 times - I ran 6 times. 
  • Go on 4 bike rides (I'm doing a family biking event in June) - no, but I did finish the biking event successfully! :-) 
Work:
  • Work from home 3 days - Yes
  • Prep & attend work training trip - Yes

Personal/creative:

  • Make one new recipe - Yes, I made a General Tso's crockpot chicken. It needs some doctoring for our next round. 
  • Spend time with a friend - Yes! We had a fabulous girls weekend. 
  • Volunteer at least 1x - Yes, I volunteered 2x at school 
  • Finish voting research & mail my ballot! - Yes, I definitely spent more time than usual & got it mailed in time. 

All in all, I'm pleased with what I accomplished, given the month of craziness. What about you? Did you set any goals for the month? How did you do?

3 comments:

  1. Greens and just a little yellow-well done nd organized. I hope your summer continues the way you want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done really well with your June goals - well done!

    ReplyDelete