- Sold the boys Legos for $50 on our local Facebook swap. Should have sold them for more, because I had 9 people try to buy them within 15 minutes.
- Made all dinners at home. (Adults eat weekday breakfasts & lunches at work for free. Kids ate all meals "at home" or packed in their lunch boxes). Avoided any eating out.
- I received a ~$80 work reimbursement for a couple of expenses I had in mid-June. Applied that directly to our vacation house mortgage.
- Made homemade hummus for a party we had.
- Picked a few things off of our plants (but, the squirrels have once again ravished most everything.) And, we discovered we have a lime tree on the corner of our property. So excited about that! They are not quite ripe yet, but hopefully soon. I sense margaritas in our future. ;-)
Here are a few frugal things I hope to accomplish this week:
- Avoid eating out, with one exception. I have a coupon for Doordash that would make a delivery meal quite cheap, and promised the kids we could order pizza if they accomplished all of their chores this weekend.
- Sell a table
- Make another homemade hummus variety (cilantro jalapeno from Trader Joes, which is my all time favorite)
- Clean out the fridge & freezer, making a list of what we need to use up
- Keep our weekly shopping to $60 this week. We bought a lot going into August, so this should be doable.
What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?