Sunday, August 5, 2018

Menu plan Sunday

It's been a nice weekend. Yesterday we had friends over for lunch & to swim. The kids swam, the moms caught up. It was lovely. We did chores, & then had dinner delivered. A real luxury, but, even with a discount & free delivery, I thought it was really overpriced. Trader Joes does a nice splurge frozen dinner option, with samosas, spring rolls, etc. Next time, we'll just do that.

Today we ran errands (Costco, the product stand, Target & the library) & I'll finish getting everything sorted for the week ahead. I'm enjoying one of the last weekends before soccer season begins again. :-)

One of my chores is the menu plan for the week, so here's what we're planning:


  • Friday - we had tacos
  • Saturday - delivery 
  • Sunday -I'll combine the delivery with a few Trader Joes options to stretch it out
  • Monday - leftover tacos
  • Tuesday - spaghetti & meatballs with homemade tomato sauce
  • Wednesday - mushroom ravioli + caprese 
  • Thursday - leftover spaghetti & meatballs
  • Friday - clean out the fridge, or homemade naan pizzas
I might try to make cookies with elderly bananas today. I've already made muffins, so I'm hoping to try something new. I'll report back if I find any tasty recipes. What about you? What are you serving this week? 

2 comments:

  1. Exactly the kind of day you imagined with that pool! I too hate the cost of eating out, it is always a bit of a dissapointment. The quality is almost never (*exception our Greek restaurant) at par with the cost. That is why we eat out so little, that plus eating out always equals so many more calories than eating in. I too have elderly bananas and leftover fresh pinneapple, time to make some muffins(and thank goodness for AC so that I can do it without suffering)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got chicken marinating in orange juice right now, we've still got some meatloaf leftovers and coconut curry chicken in the fridge to round off a leftovers plus meal. I'm not sure what I'll do next but probably some pasta with meat sauce later this week.

    ReplyDelete