- I continued to price check our flights, and ended up saving $62 on our flights to Hawaii in November. The money gets added to our Alaska Airlines account, which means it can be used for future travel.
- I called to drop our car off of our insurance (we gifted one of our cars to my parents, and my dad drove it back with him). The cost of our insurance was still crazy high, so I filled out an updated mileage form, and also noticed they had the wrong drivers assigned to each car. (This matters as I have a slightly better driving record than my husband). After the adjustments, we saved over $800 all told on our car insurance.
- Between myself & my parents, made all dinners at home. (My parents took the kids to In & Out one day.)
- Repurposed most of our school supplies from last year, and have a small list of things that we need to purchase.
- Filled out a matching gift for our school donations. This doesn't save me any money, but doubles the impact of our donation.
How about you? Any frugal wins for the week?