Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Menu Plan Monday

As usual, our goal is to reduce our freezer & pantry inventory & minimize food waste. I typically cook once/eat twice, but I was out of town this weekend, so I'll need to be more creative.


  • Monday - I have an afternoon flight, so keeping it simple with taco salads (taco meat from the freezer)
  • Tuesday - Planning to make a new Keto friendly chicken alfredo recipe. I will sub broccoli for the asparagus, both because I already have broccoli, & because I think it goes better with a chicken alfredo. This recipe will use up rotisserie chicken from the freezer
  • Wednesday - taco leftovers
  • Thursday - leftover chicken alfredo
  • Friday - we've promised the kids that we will take them to a game night they enjoy. That will mean a quick dinner (likely burgers from the freezer). 
  • Saturday - we are supposed to be going to dinner with friends. 
  • Sunday - tbd, based on what everyone feels like. I'm thinking M may grill chicken. I'll serve with a caprese salad. The caprese will use up fresh mozzarella & tomatoes from the garden.
What about you? What's on the menu for the week? 

1 comment:

  1. Nice menu. I like cooking once and eating twice, but I have to freeze the leftovers and serve them a different week since TheHub balks at eating the same thing twice in one week.

    ReplyDelete