Sunday, August 18, 2019

Menu planning & other miscellany

I did our menu planning earlier than usual this week, as I went to Costco on Friday to avoid crowds. That was a generally successful strategy.

Here's what we're eating and/or plan to eat:

  • Friday - the kids had pepperoni pizza, M & I had a Keto friendly pizza I found at Costco. We paired that with a cocktail & sat by the pool, as the kids attended an event. Date night!
  • Saturday - I made a super yummy Keto lasagna. I thought this was fantastic, and we will definitely make it again. It also used up things lingering around (a Friday freebie of a tiny cottage cheese, fresh mozzarella, shredded mozzarella, an open jar of pasta sauce, and a lb of Italian seasoned ground turkey I bought for $.99.) Sadly, I discovered too late that this only serves 4. Otherwise, I would have doubled the recipe.
  • Sunday - Keto burgers with cabbage
  • Monday - leftover lasagna
  • Tuesday - leftover burgers
  • Wednesday - hot dogs & coleslaw. We've enjoyed this coleslaw recipe
  • Thursday - Sam & I will be heading to Portland to join my family for a relay, so we'll be eating out to celebrate my dad's birthday. I'm guessing M & Nick will have either hot dogs or go to a local salad bar.
  • Friday - Nick is attending a rock climbing event with a friend, & dinner will be served. M will likely make a steak for himself. Sam & I will be eating whatever we can find at a roadside stand on the back roads of the Oregon coast. I think last year I had a baked potato, and it tasted like heaven after my first leg of the relay was complete. 
On the agenda today:
  • A workout
  • Packing for Sam for the relay. He wasn't feeling well yesterday, so we need to tackle this today.
  • Mailing an eBay package
  • I hopefully have someone coming over to buy a light fixture that I've had listed on Nextdoor forever. I finally have someone who wants it. Let's hope they don't flake.
  • Washing the windows. I'd really like to get this done
  • Carpooling for next week + the rest of the soccer season. A few emails to send & coordination to get together
  • I need to work on an email to my parents about some work we're having done at our vacation house & they are supervising, so they know what to expect.
  • Have the boys call my parents
  • Make my goals list for the last two weeks of my sabbatical
What's on your menu this week? Have you tried any good recipes recently?

10 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious. I love Lasagna and use my grandmother's recipe. It's been a while since I made it too, so I need to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad's lasagna is one of my favorites. It's not something I get a lot, but when I do, I always have several servings - it's delicious.

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely going to try the lasagne recipe. I have made it using zucchini as the noodles and found it less than stellar. This sounds and looks much better. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, and really good as leftovers as well!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the Keto recipes. I have printed them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! I'm doing lots of experimentation, as I had plenty of good non-Keto recipes. I'm finding it very different to start from scratch on learning how to cook new things. I'll keep sharing as I find winners.

      Delete
  4. Lasagna sound lovely. Go enjoy your little time left of complete *snort* freedom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much freedom. ;-) Those little boys, getting in the way of all of my freedom!!!

      Delete
  5. OOooh thanks for sharing the coleslaw recipe, I'm going to try that soon. I'm working on making a zucchini instead of noodles lasagna as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can cut way back on the mayo in the dressing, & I've tried it without the cream with not much difference. I also add dill, and prefer Dijon mustard over yellow mustard. Enjoy!

      Delete