Friday, August 30, 2019

Frugal Friday

This week when by so quickly. I can't believe it's already the weekend! I'm looking forward to the long weekend together before I have to head back to work.

Saving on things we buy:

  • Found frozen cheese pizzas at Costco for $4.99 for a four pack. There are a medium sized pizza, and we keep them in the freezer for emergency dinners. What an incredible deal!
  • The kids occasionally go to Sweet Tomatoes (a casual salad bar restaurant) while I'm traveling. I buy gift cards at a discount to keep on hand for these times. We were out of gift cards, so I bought $110 worth of gift cards for $100, and will earn a bit more back on Rakuten.



Earning money:

  • Found $.02 on the ground at the relay I attended this weekend
  • Cashed out points on a customer panel I'm participating in, and transferred $15 to Paypal. I also completed a few additional tasks. I don't have enough to cash out yet, but I've earned another $10 or so. 
  • Listed a few more items on eBay, and listed four items for my sister. I'll give her any money I earn. I'm trying to help her kick start her own side hustle
  • Cashed out $50 in Swagbucks for an Amazon gift card. 
  • Filed a claim for missing eBay item. Since I'm out the money on an item that was lost, fingers crossed that this gets quickly approved & paid out.


Avoiding purchases/spending:

  • Packed water bottles & snacks for the airport. Packing enough snacks for a hungry 13 year old was a challenge, but we managed ;-) 
  • We made sandwiches vs buying at Subway for our relay team. 
  • Didn't buy any relay swag this year. I have a cute hoodie I wear all the time from a few years ago, so I'll just stick with that for now. 
  • M brought home leftovers from a work event, and that fed the kids for a couple of lunches
  • Had two free lunches at work, as I met a friend & was on campus for another errand
  • We once again ate all of our leftovers for the week, which is always an accomplishment!
What frugal wins did you have this week?

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to stretch this paycheck (we pay ourselves 1x per month on the 15th) to cover the 4 nights we had on Malcolm Island last weekend without removing money from the sacred travel fund. My dog groomer postponed Buddy's appt for 2 weeks so that's stretching it $50 further plus I realized I just need a haircut, no streaks yet as summer has bleached it out enough to hide the grey - another $60 savings there. Really just trying not to spend any money :) Other than having to pick some wine up for a function at a neighbors house (she drinks red and I make white) and a couple of groceries I don't see spending any money this weekend although I have a ton of activities panned. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted yesterday and nothing about August is frugal. We are trying to fin d a n norm around here, but supper tonight was a $5.99 take and bake that will be supper another night. It was huge! Great deal on the pizzas-Id use as a base and throw your own spinach, onions suitable leftover items and you've got a decent meal.

    ReplyDelete