Sunday, September 15, 2019

A new recipe, and to do list updates

I was productive yesterday, and got quite a few things done. But, as always, plenty remains for today. ;-)

We are hosting M's cousin's family for dinner tonight, and there are quite a few food sensitivities. We opted to host vs eat out due to the food sensitivities, as well as cost. We are having two different entrees (salmon for the adults, & a pasta bar for the kids). Hosting 8 people isn't cheap, but will certainly be less than eating out. 

In the kitchen yesterday, I made: 
  • Hummus
  • Pesto (actually, Nick made a batch for us, and a batch to share with our sweet neighbor across the street)
  • Pico de gallo
  • Tortilla chips (from tortillas, baked in the oven). SO good.
  • Warm taco slaw - highly recommend this recipe. We loved it!
Soccer ended up with one tie and a loss, so fingers crossed for a win for the third game today. :-) 

Here's what's still on the to do list:

  • Workout - x2 - One to go, finished one yesterday.
  • Pack gym bag for next week - still need to do this. 
  • Put together nanny schedule - Done
  • Finalize 3 carpools  - I'm done with my part, but waiting for a couple of families to finish signing up
  • Prep carnitas - need to do this. M got back from Costco too late for me to handle this before leaving for soccer yesterday.
  • Make coleslaw mix & make taco slaw for dinner - done
  • Take Nick to a morning game, and then both boys to the afternoon game - done
  • Vacuum - opted to wait to clean, as I had a bunch of cooking to do
  • Clean the kitchen - opted to wait to clean, as I had a bunch of cooking to do
  • Dust - must happen today
  • Bathroom - must happen today
  • Review eBay listings & adjust as needed - done
  • Hang new drapes (this is a maybe, depending on M's availability) - maybe today
  • Costco, the grocery store, Trader Joes & the produce stand - done
  • Have the boys call my parents
  • Take Nick to soccer (about 30 minutes away). Will use warm up for my workout
  • M to take Sam to meet a friend for skating
  • Guests over for dinner

I think that will be everything! What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish today?

5 comments:

  1. I feel overwhelmed just READING your schedule. How do you do it?
    Public school in full swing, college quarter starts a week from tomorrow. Tomorrow, DH takes the two college kids (elder one is freshman, younger one is in dual enrollment) to the campus for Welcome Week--get their i.d.'s, parking passes, and find classroom (younger one.) Today is rainy, so plans are to lay low, cook dinner, and prep for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I start with a list & work until I'm too tired. Then, I switch to relaxing. ;-) I was able to do most of my list today in 4 hours, & then will do the last minute stuff after soccer. I definitely prefer less on the to list, however!

      Good luck with the college start up week!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try the warm taco slaw as that looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a heck of a list! This weekend, I've done a lot so needed to rest today. My version of rest: worked for a couple hours to catch up, still have a lot more to catch up, but I've done a good amount. I've also paid bills and done some accounting.

    The rest of my list includes: cooking something for the week (no ideas yet), putting away the rest of the clean laundry, walking and feeding the dogs, and maybe one more fun thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the taco slaw recipe. I love one pot meals.

    Wow that is quite a list. Good luck getting it all done. Also I hope you have a great work week.

    ReplyDelete