We are hosting M's cousin's family for dinner tonight, and there are quite a few food sensitivities. We opted to host vs eat out due to the food sensitivities, as well as cost. We are having two different entrees (salmon for the adults, & a pasta bar for the kids). Hosting 8 people isn't cheap, but will certainly be less than eating out.
In the kitchen yesterday, I made:
- Pesto (actually, Nick made a batch for us, and a batch to share with our sweet neighbor across the street)
- Pico de gallo
- Tortilla chips (from tortillas, baked in the oven). SO good.
- Warm taco slaw - highly recommend this recipe. We loved it!
Soccer ended up with one tie and a loss, so fingers crossed for a win for the third game today. :-)
Here's what's still on the to do list:
- Workout - x2 - One to go, finished one yesterday.
- Pack gym bag for next week - still need to do this.
Put together nanny schedule- Done
- Finalize 3 carpools - I'm done with my part, but waiting for a couple of families to finish signing up
- Prep carnitas - need to do this. M got back from Costco too late for me to handle this before leaving for soccer yesterday.
Make coleslaw mix & make taco slaw for dinner- done Take Nick to a morning game, and then both boys to the afternoon game- done
- Vacuum - opted to wait to clean, as I had a bunch of cooking to do
- Clean the kitchen - opted to wait to clean, as I had a bunch of cooking to do
- Dust - must happen today
- Bathroom - must happen today
Review eBay listings & adjust as needed- done
- Hang new drapes (this is a maybe, depending on M's availability) - maybe today
Costco, the grocery store, Trader Joes & the produce stand- done
- Have the boys call my parents
- Take Nick to soccer (about 30 minutes away). Will use warm up for my workout
- M to take Sam to meet a friend for skating
- Guests over for dinner
I think that will be everything! What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish today?