- Stick to the budget - we did okay this month, although not great. We were under on child care (thanks to my sabbatical) & over on groceries. It was a pretty close month, however, with just $15 over. We were also over on dining out, but I covered half of a dinner out with a large group for my dad's birthday, and bought discounted gift cards that we will use for future dining out. When calculating all of the categories, we were over by $215.
- Come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - I don't think we did much for this one.
- Make $500 in side hustle - I made $670. It would have been over $1,000 if I hadn't had two expensive eBay snafus. Sigh
- Sell ten items - I sold 18 items, which is huge for me!
- Use up 10 freezer items - I used up 11 items.
- Use up 5 irregular pantry items (you know, the things that linger & aren't a part of your normal menu) - I did this, although a few things were also just tossed, as they were expired, stale, etc.
2) Family - spend more time together as a family:
- Do one fun activity with the boys - I took Sam skating, & Nick rock climbing.
- Off the computer by 7:45 each evening - I did "okay" with this, but find when I don't have a great book to read, I'm more tempted to get back on the computer. (I rarely watch TV).
- Have two dates with M - Yes! One at the house, and one out for a friend's birthday, followed by dinner.
- Continue with Sam's plans (meet with the school, set up additional tutors)
- Met with doctor
- Researched insurance benefits
- Had a call with the school counselor
- Set up first therapy appointment
- Deep clean the entire house - I actually still have a few things on my wish list. It's silly to do all of the deep cleaning before our doors are finished, as the door installation makes a huge mess.
- Finish remaining projects at the beach house (fire pit, contractor work) - the fire pit is done, the doors were installed this week, but the fridge repair was pushed out until next week.
- Finish house projects - drapes, second chandeliers, doors, trim - we finished the chandeliers, but 1/2 the doors are still on back order. We also need to order the drapes. Hopefully today!
3) Fitness/health - lose 4 lbs - sigh. I don't think so.
- Run 12 times - I ran 1x. It was super hot in August, so getting outside was challenging.
- Track calories (1400/day) & 5 servings of fruit & veggies/day - I was at 1630, which explains the lack of weight progress.
- Work out 35 times - I worked out 24 times.
- Meditate 10 times - I meditated 4 times.
- Complete relay at or below pace time - I finished, but struggled on my second leg as I wasn't feeling good. It was my personal worst for that particular relay leg, which is 8 miles. I did it at 3:00 am, which certainly didn't help.
- Do four social things - had lunch with a friend, went to a brunch with another friend, and did two workouts with a friend.
- Look for a flexible volunteer option - tried to find a slot for volunteering at back to school day, but it didn't work with some driving I was already scheduled to do
- Journal 18 times - I journaled 10 times.
- Read one non-fiction book - nope
- Tackle six projects from my sabbatical list:
- Family photo books complete - the rest are digital, and M has been working 80 hours weeks. I need him to access the digital photos.
- Wash all windows - done
- Stain table - nope
- Declutter the rest of the house - everything but the kitchen
- Power wash the patio - nope
- Continue yard work (front & back) - yes, although not done
- Figure out what to do with fence posts - requires M, so not done
- Get quote for fridge damage & submit to delivery company - decided to skip, as we are still waiting to have the fridge repaired.
- Order glasses - yes
- Get a hair cut - yes
- Find geometry tutor for Sam - so far, we haven't needed this.
While I would have liked to have seen a few more greens on the list, I did get a few other things done that were on my sabbatical list. I got in three more workouts at the studio I bought the monthly pass for, I got a massage, got all of the paperwork done for our refi, moved investments to qualify for the additional refi rate drop, etc. Let's hope I can get a lot done in September!
What about you? How did you do with your August goals?