Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunday happenings

I was out of the house for quite a bit yesterday (two soccer games & running errands), so today I'm focused on getting things done around the house. It was a winning weekend, with 2-1 wins for both games. We have house guests coming on Thursday, & I head to Tokyo on Sunday, so I need to maximize my time today to prep.

Yesterday I made delicious pico de gallo & guacamole, which we had with tacos (meat already prepped from the freezer). I love that I can pull out a prepped taco meat dinner, and then take my dinner prep time to make sides that take the dinner to the next level.

Here's what's on my to do list for today:

  1. Sheets
  2. Laundry
  3. Vacuum
  4. Clean the kitchen
  5. Make protein bars
  6. Carpool x3
  7. Work schedule
  8. Nanny schedule
  9. Family wipe board (this is how we track everything happening in a week)
  10. Menu planning
  11. Work out
  12. Start packing for Tokyo
  13. Clean bathrooms
  14. Have the boys call my parents
  15. Cancel hotel reservation for November
  16. Clean & prep the spare room for guests
What about you? What's on your to do list for today?

6 comments:

  1. You did great! I am just trying to survive the day while enjoying a bit of down time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had hubby's birthday so more cooking and baking, although no guests, just good food and relaxing. We are 3 weeks into the school year and still need to find our groove especially with indoor sports starting in a few weeks. Hard to think about fall as we had 32 C here yesterday in Ontario. I need to tackle my paper stacks and shred and file, I do this semi-annually as we pay most yearly bills in the summer. Next week I need to clean up flower beds and wash all windows, need to find some motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen cleaning and cooking for the week, which makes the week run soother. We had tacos for dinner yesterday, it's one of my favorite meals. Afterwards, I made a bog post about our yard sale finds on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Football was the only thing on my schedule. It was a day of relaxation. I hope you accomplished what you wanted to. I hope you enjoy your company and have a safe trip to Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My room is such a mess right now. I don't even want to go upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am starting to get the hang of empty nesting. While I miss the fun of watching the soccer games the choir, all the comings and goings, I have a weekend free to look forward to. Of course, the other things on your list should be on mine as well, but I have also gotten lazier!

    ReplyDelete