Saturday, September 14, 2019

Menu plan and weekend things

I'm still getting back into the groove of life after spending Monday-Thursday in Boulder for work. Boulder was lovely, but it's hard to be away from the kids & routine. I always come back to a ton of chores & catch up, despite M's best effort.

We both have very busy weeks next week, as it's my first week in the office & I have three late APAC meetings. It's also perf season at work, so both of us have an amplified work load. The kids also have plenty of activities (cross country meet, two volleyball games & soccer practice), which requires lots of carpooling & schedule coordination.

I know next week will be particularly challenging for me (my first week of fully being in the office, commuting, etc), so by planning my menu ahead of time, hopefully I can at least answer the question of "what's for dinner tonight".

Menu for the week ahead:

Friday - I made spaghetti sauce out of a very discounted lb of Italian seasoned turkey. I combined it with onions & mini peppers, added a small container of homemade tomato sauce & then filled it out with a marinara sauce we had in the pantry. The adults had the sauce with zoodles. The kids had it with regular pasta.
Saturday - taco slaw (and, make ahead crockpot carnitas for the week)
Sunday - salmon, bread & caprese salad (adults). Kids will be having a pasta bar. We're having M's cousins/kids over for dinner.
Monday - carnitas
Tuesday - salmon & caprese salad
Wednesday - leftover taco slaw
Thursday - carnitas salad

What will you be up to this weekend? The kids have three soccer games (one for Sam, three for Nick, but they will attend Sam's together). We are also hosting M's family tomorrow night for dinner. It should be a nice weekend, but plenty to do.

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish this weekend:

  • Workout - x2
  • Pack gym bag for next week
  • Put together nanny schedule 
  • Finalize 3 carpools 
  • Prep carnitas
  • Make coleslaw mix & make taco slaw for dinner
  • Take Nick to a morning game, and then both boys to the afternoon game
  • Vacuum
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Dust
  • Bathroom
  • Review eBay listings & adjust as needed
  • Hang new drapes (this is a maybe, depending on M's availability)
  • Costco, the grocery store, Trader Joes & the produce stand
What about you? Any good recipes on the menu this week? Anything you are trying to accomplish?


3 comments:

  1. My life now is so different now, I read your list and am exhausted. What a way to ease back to work with a four day trip-sorry. I love that you planned ahead. I'm not sure what we'll eat this week. I'm going for work Monday and Tuesday night, plus have a late meeting Thursday, so am trying to think ahead so hubs doesn't eat crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved as a favorite, I love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a busy weekend my friend. Take at least 20 minutes for a glass of wine and a sit down.

    ReplyDelete