Saving on things we buy:
- We bought some snacks & drinks for our hotel room at Target (used a gift card for the majority of the spending) & purchased reusable silverware & plates. They were cheaper than disposable, and we can bring them on other trips.
- I couldn't take my parents to the airport on Tuesday due to a conflict, so I booked them an Uber, using a gift card purchased at a discount.
- There were a few snafus on the flight home, so Southwest refunded me $25 of my ticket (the Early Bird Check In portion of my flight).
- I sold a piece of jewelry on eBay & made $300. It was one of my last big ticket items from all of my listings from this summer, so it's nice to have it finally sold.
- I found $.26 in Hawaii by the pool. ;-)
- $156.72 earned in credit card rewards this cycle. Higher than normal, as we ate out on vacation & earn rewards at a higher rate for dining out. We are at $1671 YTD for our earnings.
- We've been eating things my parents prepped for us before they left (they are awesome) & avoiding eating out. We did plenty of that on vacation.
In non-frugal news, I've been unable to get anyone from the insurance company (insurance for the driver who hit Sam) to call me back. We are still out of pocket for the medical expenses + replacement bike. I am incredibly unimpressed with the lack of customer service & response time. It's been weeks.
That's it from our side. What about you? Any frugal wins to report?