- Stick to the budget. - This was a super expensive month, with many yearly expenses coming due. We paid 1/2 of our property tax for our primary residence, as well as property tax & yearly homeowners for our vacation house. We also bought Sam a new bike (hope to be reimbursed by the drivers insurance for at least some of the cost). The new bike doesn't fit on our bike rack, so we had to also get a new bike rack. We are going to Hawaii unexpectedly (M's work won a trip, and I was able to find inexpensive flights, so we'll go in a few weeks). Suffice it to say, we were not at our budget.
- Come up with a way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis. Nothing here.
- Make $100 in side hustle - I made $460. Woohoo!
- Sell five items: I actually sold four (3 for me, one for my sister).
- Use up 5 freezer items from our house - yes!
- 2 bags of burger patties
- 1 package of spicy sausage
- 1 bag of grilled chicken
- 1 container of pizza dough
- Use up 5 irregular pantry/fridge items - yes
- Pistachios for nut butter
- Sunflower seeds (on salads)
- Finished 2 1/2 empty juice jugs
- Used a small sunflower butter container in protein balls
- Finished a container of tomato soup (gifted), that had been in the pantry for a while
- Build plan for moving to part time - nope. I was promoted, and my agreement was to give it a bit of time after the promotion before I decide what I want next. The promotion gives me a ton of flexibility should I decide I want to switch companies, or if I want to have another "major career" job. At this point, that seems unlikely, but I now have a lot of options.
2) Family - spend more time together as a family
- Do one fun activity/month with the kids - I can't swear that we made this happen as a family, but for most of September & October, I was getting out for nightly walks with one kid at a time, which was awesome. Now it's too dark.
- Off the computer by 7:45 each evening. - The current news & politics is really unhealthy for me to read before bed, and I've had a few late nights with work. I always regret that, because I can't sleep.
- Have two date nights with M - Yes! We had one earlier in October, and one unexpected date on Halloween.
- Continue with Sam's plan, meet with school, attend various appointments. - Yes, this happened & we continue to work with his school & doctor on his plan.
- Deep clean the entire house. - No We are still waiting for three remaining doors.
- Finish door project, and budget/plan for trim. - Oh, what a saga. It's been six months & we are still waiting for three doors. Lowes has been an absolute disaster to work with.
3) Fitness/health - lose 4 lbs.
- Run 6 times - I didn't run at all
- Track calories (1400/day) & 5 servings of fruit & veggies/day - Yes to the fruit & veggies, but my calories were 1591/day, which is why I made no progress in October.
- Work out 30 times - YES! I did 31 workouts!
- Meditate 10 times - 0 meditations. My app subscription had a problem, and it took me some time to sort it out. I'm back & ready for November.
- Do two social things - I drove with friends to Yosemite, which was quite fun & lots of good chit chat. I also joined a workout group, which is pretty social.
- Volunteer - Still no good options that have worked with my schedule
- Journal 15 times - I journaled 7 times.
- Read a non-fiction book - nope
All in all, it was a month with two business trips & a lot of chaos (perf season at work, my promotion, Sam getting hit by a car)... I'm not surprised to see the sea of red. :-) Lots of areas of improvement for November. What about you? How did you do with your October goals?