Saving on things we buy
- Used two coupons for popsicles. It was 90 this weekend, so we picked up a few packages, and saved $2.50. I forgot I had the coupons, but luckily, Nick was with me & reminded me.
- Random things I've sold this week:
- An old cooler that M has had since long before I've known him
- 2 hanging file folder containers I've had for 20+ years. We purchased some office furniture for WFH, and it came with a filing cabinet that makes the containers obsolete
- A dry fit polo shirt & an Adidas tshirt that Sam outgrew before he could really wear
- The "armor" from the inside of a motorcycle jacket. The jacket was ruined when I tried to clean it (it was destined for the garbage if it wasn't cleaned, but I had hopes). I decided to pull out the armor & see if anyone wanted it, to avoid it going to the landfill. Luckily, yes! It sold in a day.
- An old leather motorcycle jacket that was stored in the shed. It's now too big for M, but needed a lot of love to be usable again. It sold quickly when I posted it.
- Continued to list items as I find them. We had to pack our kitchen, and empty out our outdoor shed for the remodel, so that led to finding things we don't use much.
- Used grocery store gift cards to stock up on a bunch of easy to heat breakfast & lunch items. Not things I'd normally have on hand, but good to keep things easy without a kitchen.
- Also used grocery store gift cards for a socially distanced meet up for Sam, so he & his friend (they met at a park) could each have their own drinks & snacks.
- All meals eaten at home. There have been some creative options, and we're paying more for convenience (more easily prepped items), but no meals out yet. It will happen, but each meal prepped at home is really an achievement.
That's it for us. What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?