But, I'll be honest...this week was really, really hard for me. We are on day 27 of the low air quality (or, 28?) Getting outside & being active is such an important of my well being, particularly during COVID. I've been getting creative and watching for drops in the AQI, and have gotten outside when I can. My throat bothers me, and my nose has been running almost constantly. I have two very high energy teen boys, trapped inside, with no physical outlets.
I'll get back to my regular schedule, but I also think it's important to call out when things are a struggle. And oh my, were they ever this week.
Last night I ordered a pizza, we played rummy & I drank a glass of wine after work. It was just what I needed to get out of my own head, and enjoy a bit of a wind down after work.
As for today, I need to double down on my own efforts to stay well right now, and remind myself of all the positives in my life. Staying busy always helps!
Here's what's on my list:
- Menu plan
- Go to the store
- Maybe go to Trader Joes, depending on the line
- Make something with the coconut milk in the fridge
- Go through the one closet I haven't cleaned out yet
- Journal (I write three things I'm grateful for every day)
- Posture challenge
- List an item on Ebay
- Do an indoor HIIT workout
- Go for a walk? Weather dependent, should the AQI improve
- Think of something kind I can do for someone in my life
- Read some sort of fun/immersive book