Saturday, July 8, 2023

Saturday Happenings

 It's a pretty quiet weekend (no soccer games & no travel will do that for you), & I plan to enjoy it. I'm also taking Monday off, as I have a dentist appointment & a doctor's appointment, and the logistics of that are plenty for a day. 

M's cousin visited on his way back from LA last night, and flies out of SFO this morning. He hasn't been to see us since we moved to California, so it was great to catch up. I also picked up Nick from tennis camp, where he played 50 hours of tennis in just under a week. He was home for an hour before he left to meet up with a friend to... play tennis. ;-) 

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish today:

  • Attend a workout class
  • Make a menu plan 
  • And a shopping list
  • Go to Trader Joes 
  • Vacuum
  • Laundry
  • Clean bathrooms
  • Clean the kitchen
  • List 10 items on BN
  • List 3 items on eBay
  • Catch up on bill paying/budget tracking
  • Stretch (my piriformis has been bothering me, so stretching has been critical)
  • Drop off a couple of returns
  • Find running shorts. It's too hot to run in pants, and I don't want to run in anything actually "short", both because I'm not 20, and also...chafing. I'm trying to find running shorts that are the bike short type, but getting the length and fit right has been an adventure. 
That's it from my side. What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish today?

4 comments:

  1. Even your quiet weekends sound very busy to me. Lol! I went grocery shopping, vacuumed the floors, made a Chicken Francese for dinner tomorrow, cleaned up my kitchen and put groceries away and made the guest bed for friends. I am wiped out. Tomorrow morning I will touch up a few spots and clean the bathroom to make it ready for my guests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your chicken dish sounds fabulous! Hope you had a productive weekend.

      Delete
  2. I had to smile at the tennis camp then off to play tennis. That was me 45 years ago with basketball. Your weekend sure was busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He finally admitted he was tired on Tuesday, and opted not to attend a tennis clinic, or soccer practice. He said that work tires him out, which makes me giggle. Welcome to real life, kiddo. ;-)

      Delete