Saturday, July 1, 2023

Saturday Happenings

It's the first weekend in a few weeks that we've been home, and I'm enjoying the peace. My sister & her family are in Hawaii this week, celebrating my nephew's graduation, so I'm living vicariously through her pictures. As always, it looks amazing. 

Some random things that are top of mind:

  • Today is our one free day, as tomorrow we drop Nick off at an overnight tennis camp. He'll be done on Friday. We will be spending some time getting him ready for that, and of course, it's finally hot. He spends 50 hours playing tennis, so we'll need to make sure he has plenty of hydration options. Not a referral, but we really like Nuun tablets, which you can easily transport, drop into water bottles, and generate minimal waste. They are also much healthier/have less sugar than some of the alternatives. Nick gets migraines when he's dehydrated, so while Nuun's are not cheap, they are a worthy investment. 
  • We picked a bunch of cucumbers, and a handful of strawberries, in addition to the enormous amount of basil & peppers + lettuce we have. Something came & pulled out most of my squash plants, and ripped every last zucchini off the vines. Some of the zucchini were huge! What kind of a critter could accomplish this? I'm super irritated, and don't want to add netting to our planter boxes, but maybe we need to.
  • I gave away two teen suits on Buy Nothing, and people are so thrilled. Finding suits for teens is a huge challenge (and, pricey) & they grow out of them quickly. I'm so happy to help people out. 
  • On a related clothing note, a family friend is taking Sam's senior pictures when the boys are in Portland in August, and I need to go through his clothes & see what options he has. Sam took a weightlifting class at school, and goes to the gym pretty regularly. His chest is quite a bit broader than it was a year ago, so not everything fits. Growing boys!
  • At Sam's request, I put together an appetizer tray last night - a few varieties of cheese, crackers, nuts & sliced peaches. Everyone was thrilled, it used up cheese leftover from my mom's visit, and it held us all off until dinner was ready. Win/win/win. 
  • I've lost 3.5 lbs, which I'm feeling really happy with. It's also just much easier not to worry about everything I'm eating, which is my favorite benefit beyond the actual weight loss. 
What do I need to accomplish today? Well, it's a four day weekend, so consider this list aspirational for one day, and anything that doesn't get done today (minus prepping Nick for camp) can shift around to other days. Although, I want to be as productive as possible:

  • Attend a workout class. I couldn't get in to the 8:15 class, so I'll be going to the 9:30. A little late for my taste, but it will be nice to have the workout done.
  • Help Nick pack for camp
  • Make a menu + a shopping list
  • I need to do a little work
  • I made a ton of progress on the three tiered tray where I keep incoming mail, things that need to be dealt with, and a bunch of other random items. As you can imagine, over time, things stack up & it needs to be cleaned out.
  • Call United & figure out how much credit the boys have from their cancelled flights. It's always available online, but this one isn't. So irritating. 
  • Yard work 
  • Steam mop in front of the stove
  • Find 10 more items to give away on Buy Nothing
  • Sort out FB marketplace sale
  • Practice Duolingo
  • Meditate
  • Figure out plan for Monday
  • Laundry
  • Read by the pool (maybe dip in the pool?) We shall see how warm it gets.
What about you? What's top of mind for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment